*** Loudermilk ***

6,471 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by FL_Ag1998
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Anyone else watch this? Ron Livingston is great in this. Recently added to Netflix, and I love it
Me and the wife started this a few days ago. Currently on season 2. We love it. Easy viewing and some lol moments.
drwong
AG
Great show, I watched it on Amazon Prime a couple of years ago.
StinkyPinky
AG
Meant to watch this and totally fell off my radar. Thnx for the reminder.
Matsui
AG
will give it a shot
h1ag
AG
It's been a couple of years since I watched it, but folks might want to know that there are some pretty heavy moments if you've been around substance abuse in your life.

That being said, it's hilarious.
chick79
AG
Just binged all three seasons. Some of the best stuff out there! Terrific acting and writing, Highly recommend!!!
ElCheAg
AG
From the trailer, it sure seems like my type of comedy/show.
Matsui
AG
Watching now. Can't turn it off !
MookieBlaylock
AG
It was in the 2021 your awards thread

Sorry you missed it

LMCane
I could swear I started watching this because I like Livingston since Band of Brothers days

but none of that trailer is what I saw.

may have to start it again.
Garrelli 5000
AG
We started this over the weekend thanks to this thread.

The Netflix 'preview' that autoplays when you select the show is basically the intro to S1E1. We watched the preview and were hooked before we even hit play

Only watched a couple of episodes but we're trying to not to binge.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
It's so good. I finished S3 this weekend and am sad I've got none left. Really hope they make a S4.
scrimp
AG
Good show. It's a dark humor, with some great laugh out loud moments. Unique and hits on some pretty deep subjects.

Loudermilk's love interest (and the related songs) in S3 is a real musician--Lissie. Definitely has a Stevie Nicks vibe, and does some amazing covers of some Fleetwood songs. Kind of interesting--it looks like she has had a couple of songs in movie soundtracks or used in TV shows, but hasn't really hit mainstream. I've been listening to her original songs, and there several really good ones. "When I'm Alone" (featured in Loudermilk), "What am I gonna do?", and "Best Days" are great songs.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Yes, there are some pretty dark moments in between all the hilarity

Mugsie's fall in S3 had me broken. Incredibly well acted but absolutely gut-punching
scrimp
AG
I have to admit, I think one of the best aspects of the show is that it doesn't gloss over the different subject matters and only use it as a setup for the punchlines (i.e. the Charlie Sheen "Anger Management"). I like shows that have more nuance to the characters, and I think Loudermilk does this pretty well. Like the episode in S3 where Roger gets the award--I can imagine all the conflicting emotions Roger had would be pretty accurate and difficult to cope with
Sethtevious

Just binged it, really hope they find someone to produce S4 because the cast really wants to continue the series.

I enjoyed the Sensitivity workshop, even if I did that that episode was a little preachy. There was some politics in it, but they didn't beat you over the head with it. You can tell this isn't a Netflix original just because of that aspect. I like that they switch the love interests each season, so there isn't an obsession on Memphis.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Yes, there are some pretty dark moments in between all the hilarity

Mugsie's fall in S3 had me broken. Incredibly well acted but absolutely gut-punching
Brian Regan's portrayal vs his normal comedy routine was striking.
Big Al 1992
AG
Finished season 1 - that was great!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Halfway through season 2. Really hope Netflix picks this up for new seasons.
theeyetest
Really liked this show! Had some LOL moments but also got deep into addiction issues and had some heartfelt moments. Great show! Hope they do more seasons!
Rudyjax
AG
Great show. Sad that it ended so abruptly.

30 episodes a few years ago wasn't even a season and a half.

highpriorityag
great show
hope it returns
htxag09
AG
Maybe I missed it or it hasn't happened yet....currently a couple episodes into S2.

But did anything come from the lawsuit for Loudermilk breaking that choking guy's ribs?
Rudyjax
AG
htxag09 said:

Maybe I missed it or it hasn't happened yet....currently a couple episodes into S2.

But did anything come from the lawsuit for Loudermilk breaking that choking guy's ribs?
Later
AggieArchitect04
AG
I was hooked after the opening at the coffee shop with the girl ordering coffee for her entire office. Lol
Capstone
AG
Most recent update I've seen regarding Loudermilk renewal for season 4 (and apparently 5).

https://thedirect.com/article/loudermilk-season-4-creators#
javajaws
AG
Watched the first 8 episode of S1 last night - really good stuff. So much better than most of the crap being put out nowadays. I don't see why Netflix doesn't jump at the chance to sign up for 2 more years of this.
Rudyjax
AG
javajaws said:

Watched the first 8 episode of S1 last night - really good stuff. So much better than most of the crap being put out nowadays. I don't see why Netflix doesn't jump at the chance to sign up for 2 more years of this.
Sounds like they may go into a bidding war to maximize profits.
Harry Stone
AG
This is a great show. Im guessing with the netflix release theyre getting a lot of airtime.
Psychag
AG
Just finished it. Such an original show. Deep subjects with outrageous humor. I hope they do a 4th season.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I started the series a week or so ago because of this thread. I finally finished last night. Great series and I hope there is a season 4.

Some of the plot resolutions were pretty predictable but it was still enjoyable. Some were unpredictable.

As someone said earlier Mugsy's fall was epic and heartbreaking and the meltdown at the next meeting was some of the best acting I've seen in a while.

About halfway through season 2 I noticed something regarding the episode titles. I won't spoil it but go check it out. Some others probably noticed it too.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Danny Vermin
Just finished all 3 seasons in about a week. Ron Livingston is an absolute pleasure in anything he does. I really hope it gets picked up as ive read about what may happen in season 4 and beyond and it sounds fantastic.

Spoiler

I cant wait to get Claire's reaction when she finds out Loudermilk banged her mom.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Rewatching with my spouse. Great show
Ogre09
AG
So good and so funny.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.