The Stargate franchise

819 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Saxsoon
Leonard H. Stringfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any fans out there? I forget where I saw it, but it was said of the 3 big Star_, Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Gate is the one closest to reality. A writer, producer...someone knew stuff.

Really enjoying re-watching the episodes. Found a spot that has all the series, SG1, Atlantis and Universe.

Binge time...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5a9oge
"Roswell, 1947, there was a uap (ufo) that crashed, in fact there were 2 uaps, 1 crashed and one flew away and the other one did not and was recovered by the US GOVERNMENT."
- Lue Elizondo-former director of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program-August 20, 2024

Are A&M's core values..optional? Who has the POWER to determine that? Are certain departments exempt? Why?

Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA

Quincey P. Morris
AG
I like SG1 and Atlantis and own both series. Haven't seen Universe. I think SG1 is the best sci-fi series ever made.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Quincey P. Morris said:

I like SG1 and Atlantis and own both series. Haven't seen Universe. I think SG1 is the best sci-fi series ever made.
No doubt.
"Roswell, 1947, there was a uap (ufo) that crashed, in fact there were 2 uaps, 1 crashed and one flew away and the other one did not and was recovered by the US GOVERNMENT."
- Lue Elizondo-former director of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program-August 20, 2024

Are A&M's core values..optional? Who has the POWER to determine that? Are certain departments exempt? Why?

PatAg
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

bingo, great summer tv watching too
Leonard H. Stringfield
SG Universe had so much potential. From the music score to the upgraded props, acting super fascinating developing storyline. Shame the plug was pulled.

Sometimes, when working in the lab I crank it up...lol

Saxsoon
AG
Best science fiction show of all time, even with downturn with the Ori plot

I remember being happy for Jason Momoa getting a small part in game of thrones. The only cast member out of either show to truly make it big. Also amazed at how small he looks in Atlantis

The team in SG1 is just perfection of actors including people outside the main team. Naming one of the ships the Hammond after Don Davis' death was so touching

SG1 was something my dad and I bonded over from middle school to high school so it will always hold a special place in my heart
Saxsoon
AG
cryption
SG-1 fan here since the old days! I rewatch SG-1 and Atlantis every couple years. Lots of good SciFi out there but Stargate is above and beyond the #1. There were ups and downs in the franchise, but it has been consistently fun through all the seasons. SGU I didn't love, but I dare say Atlantis is just as good as the original SG-1
Fenrir
I remember trying to record every episode on VHS when I was in MS & HS. It was easily my favorite show as a teen.

I also hate that SGU never got a proper ending. Second season really got going and left on a tough cliffhanger. I don't see Amazon doing anything meaningful with this show or the IP as a whole unfortunately.
Rocag
AG
Loved SG-1 and Atlantis. I never really got into Universe as much though. It was a good show, I suppose, but the entire tone was so different it was a bit jarring.

Every once in a while rumors of a new movie or show pop up, but nothing ever seems to come from it. I do believe there was a game released recently set in the Star Gate universe, but it was a pretty small thing that I don't think got much coverage.
cryption
Have any of y'all watched the web series Stargate Origins? It wasn't great but at least it was some media to consume

An L of an Ag
AG
Yep, love this franchise. Best sci-fi series, in my opinion. And yeah, even the Ori arc was good, but I always wished it had ended with season 8 conclusion.

Atlantis was a great spinoff, although I thought the ending was a bit rushed (probably due to the uncertainty around the possibility of either another season or a full length movie).

ETA: Oh, and Universe NEVER HAPPENED.
Brad 98
AG
I would love to see a re-boot with either SG1 or Atlantis with the same cast. I have seen ever episode of SG-1 and Atlantis multiple times. A re-boot would be easy to pull off and introduce new characters
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It would definitely have to be the cast from the last season of SG1 if you did that. Richard Dean Anderson is looking closer to how he did in the episode where he aged rapidly than he did when he was on the show.
An L of an Ag
AG
Well, O'Neill DOES have a clone who is about 3 decades younger than he is, but retains all of his knowledge.

I've always thought that any reboot should definitely include him.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Only Stargate show I've seen is Universe and I really enjoyed it. I've been wanting to watch SG-1, but it's just so many episodes, that I can't get motivated to start it.
Leonard H. Stringfield
I just want to see anything new coming out. It would be great to bring some sort of closure for the crew still out there on the Destiny. Awesome shows.

cryption
You enjoyed the absolute worst stargate had to offer. Dive into SG1 and you'll get hooked
Fenrir
SGU getting way too much hate. First season is cheap drama but second season was building towards something great.

Got cancelled because Syfy decided to go into cheap reality and wrestling tv.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Stargate Sg-1 and Atlantis are top tier television shows. I was recently watching a show called travelers on Netflix, and a lot of the cast members show up in it. Another fun sci-fi show
Saxsoon
AG
Vancouver became a bastion of science fiction and fantasy 2000's and 2010's tv
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.