Who Are The Obnoxious People Screaming Over speakers on Game Weekends at Kyle Field

1,637 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Rongagin71
oldagwhoop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whoever this group is makes Christianity look horrible and turns non believers off! They verbally assaulted my brother and sister in law with hateful rhetoric. These people are not displaying the love of Jesus at all!
I get the "free speech" right. However, I think the University should ban bullhorns.
I assume that any group coming on campus with an agenda has to get a permit issued to them.
Who issues the permits?
dermdoc
AG
oldagwhoop said:

Whoever this group is makes Christianity look horrible and turns non believers off! They verbally assaulted my brother and sister in law with hateful rhetoric. These people are not displaying the love of Jesus at all!
I get the "free speech" right. However, I think the University should ban bullhorns.
I assume that any group coming on campus with an agenda has to get a permit issued to them.
Who issues the permits?
I have not seen them this year on the west side.

They are I believe from Wells Texas and a cult. If you Google church of Wells Texas it will tell you about them.

And Paul never mentioned "hell". These folks say it every sentence. And they seem to know exactly who is going to hell. Unbiblical theology.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dlbarnes76
AG
They've been there every game behind the north zone and/or at the northeast or northwest corners. Definitely not accomplishing what they think they are.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Just curious what they are saying? Did you or anyone try to engage with them them?
oldagwhoop
Thanks for the info….I'll check them out.
dermdoc
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

Just curious what they are saying? Did you or anyone try to engage with them them?
Last year they were yelling that going to a football game was a sin and we were all going to hell.

Have not heard them this season.

Edited to add that I wanted to ask them what their view was on the Fellowship of Christian athletes. Or all the pastors, deacons, and Christians they were condemning to hell for attending a fb game.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Martin Cash
AG
dermdoc said:

10andBOUNCE said:

Last year they were yelling that going to a football game was a sin and we were all going to hell.

Have not heard them this season.

Edited to add that I wanted to ask them what their view was on the Fellowship of Christian athletes. Or all the pastors, deacons, and Christians they were condemning to hell for attending a fb game.
Well, going to an Aggie game can sure make you take the Lord's name in vain.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
FIDO95
AG
Cynic
They're trying to save you from Aggie football, noble cause really.
FIDO95
AG
Speaking about Aggie fans:

Cynic said:

Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

They are I believe from Wells Texas and a cult. If you Google church of Wells Texas it will tell you about them.
Same could be said about Aggie football.

Captain Pablo
AG
Cynic said:

Nice. Beat me to it
10andBOUNCE
AG
Hebrews 12:1
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..."
I laid aside Aggie Football years ago...spiritual life is all the better for it.
dermdoc
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

Hebrews 12:1
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..."
I laid aside Aggie Football years ago...spiritual life is all the better for it.
I am addicted.
10andBOUNCE
AG
We all have our vices, brother!
dermdoc
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

We all have our vices, brother!
Yeah but this one is expensive!
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Yikes. Always Baylor, man.

Quote:

The group is led by Sean Morris, Jacob Gardner, and Ryan Ringnald, former street preachers who are all in their early thirties. It has approximately ninety members,[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Wells#cite_note-2][2][/url] many being young adults and children.
In 2004, Morris and Ringnald met as roommates at Baylor University. Both students met and made friends with Gardner as regulars of Antioch Community Church in Waco, Texas.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Wells#cite_note-3][3][/url] After attending Antioch Waco for several years, they left and founded the Church of Wells in 2011.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Wells#cite_note-4][4]
[/url]
The church and its members have been involved in several controversies such as the delayed reporting of a three-day-old infant's death. Many church members have engaged in disorderly and disruptive behavior such as disrupting a Lakewood Church service, which has led to some criminal charges and convictions. They believe this is consistent with biblical persecution. Accounts of individuals abandoning their families and former way of life, such as Catherine Grove, have led to the idea that the church could be an emerging cult.

They did heckle Joel Osteen, one good point amidst all the child abuse and kidnapping.
ABattJudd
AG
Saw some street preachers shouting at people in Gainesville last time the Ags played there. I'm curious about seeing them again; in my old age, I'm much more willing to confront people than I used to be.

I just don't understand how they think they're doing anything beneficial for the Kingdom or for themselves. I don't get it.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
Windy City Ag
AG
And this does remind me of the State Street Preacher. He would set up shop on the corner of State and Washington in Chicago and has preached to the passing throngs 6 days a week without ever missing a day since 1969.

His message was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Street_Preacher

Quote:

Chambers has been a controversial figure during his preaching career. Chambers is strongly opposed to homosexuality, premarital sex, smoking and crossdressing and frequently tells people he suspects of engaging in these activities that they are going to Hell.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Street_Preacher#cite_note-racked-3][3][/url]

Chambers also preaches that women's primary purpose is to have children and obey men. Chambers' preaching is unpopular with many, and he has been subject to violence on multiple occasions, claiming that people have spit on him, maced him, and threatened him with violence. He reported that in one incident someone attempted to burn his clothes while he was wearing them.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Street_Preacher#cite_note-The_Street_Preacher-2][2][/url] Chambers was assaulted by two men on May 21, 2014, but declined medical treatment and returned to preach the following day, telling reporters he was ready to forgive the attackers.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Street_Preacher#cite_note-attacked-1][1][/url]

Sapper Redux
ABattJudd said:

Saw some street preachers shouting at people in Gainesville last time the Ags played there. I'm curious about seeing them again; in my old age, I'm much more willing to confront people than I used to be.

I just don't understand how they think they're doing anything beneficial for the Kingdom or for themselves. I don't get it.

Same reason JW's and Mormons go knocking on doors and annoying people: the rejection is part of the point. You go and share what you KNOW to be true only to be repeatedly rejected. Taking that experience back to the group and being comforted that you are right and they are the unwashed masses helps solidify an "us vs them" mentality which is useful for keeping people in the movement.
Cynic
[Comment removed, was making a joke but realized it wouldn't be seen that way]
dermdoc
AG
Sapper Redux said:

ABattJudd said:

Same reason JW's and Mormons go knocking on doors and annoying people: the rejection is part of the point. You go and share what you KNOW to be true only to be repeatedly rejected. Taking that experience back to the group and being comforted that you are right and they are the unwashed masses helps solidify an "us vs them" mentality which is useful for keeping people in the movement.
To a certain extent I agree. I do not consider Jehovah Witnesses or Mormons Christians, so as a Christian, they do not bother me as much.

The Church of Wells claim to be Christians and distort the Gospel which bothers me. The Gospel is beautiful and promises freedom. Not condemnation.
Rongagin71
AG
Bullhorns do not work if someone grabs that center knob that vibrates to amplify sound.
I know this because I once (back when I was young and feisty) walked into a small crowd
of protestors and did exactly that to the leader while telling him not to yell in my face.
I then told them to get back on their bus as their side, The Taliban, had already lost
and were fleeing. Note I did not push pull or in any way hurt anyone.
But they did check the news and promptly left.
Too bad the U.S, stayed in Afghanistan, that was a waste.
The proper strategy was to leave and if the Taliban came back then kick them out again.
Do this as many times as it takes for them to realize we cannot be beaten in war,
and that there are many Afghanis willing ti fight the Taliban.
If they get elected, then okay they get office. But they better behave.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.