Job Network
Sponsored by

Remote Work "Possibility"

724 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ElephantRider
ConnerFootball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am currently in the interview process with a company that is headquartered in another state.

I have completed three interviews and the company is going to fly me out for a final in-person interview.

The job posting said it was in person. However, in one of my interviews a couple weeks ago, the hiring manager brought up the possibility of working remotely from my current state but said that he would have to discuss that internally. He also mentioned possibly working from their HQ for a set period of time during onboarding and then I could work remote.

I am having a hard time preparing/not knowing where the position will be located. Especially considering salary negotiations may take place at the on-site interview. (I would take significantly less money to not have to relocate).

Should I:
A). Email the recruiter and ask for clarification on where I would be located so that I know that going in.
B). Not bring the topic up until I receive an offer. Potentially leverage the job offer to work remote?

What do you think?
Troglodyte
AG
Would you consider the job if in office? If so, I would get the offer first, then, negotiate. If not, I would probably resolve that upfront.
Astroag
AG
Dude…go crush the interview, set the hook, and then tell them you can only work remote.

No sense in spoiling their feelings about your candidacy before hand. Get them bought in on you being the hire and then let the hiring mgr fight on your behalf.

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If they have multiple locations and a HQ, they are professionals. They will have considered cost of living in different areas as well as cost of relocation. They will address it in the interview but will not require an immediate answer. If, for some absurd reason, they make you decide on the spot, walk away.

If they mention salary before addressing location, simply tell them that you need to know where you will be before you can perform a full analysis on any compensation offer.
OnlyForNow
AG
I mean he's been expecting the job to be in person, so if remote is possible and desired let them come as it may.
infinity ag
Astroag said:

Dude…go crush the interview, set the hook, and then tell them you can only work remote.

No sense in spoiling their feelings about your candidacy before hand. Get them bought in on you being the hire and then let the hiring mgr fight on your behalf.

Listen to this man.
AggieOO
whatever you do, don't tell them you will take less money to work remote. Get an offer first, then negotiate the remote vs onsite.
ElephantRider
AG
AggieOO said:

whatever you do, don't tell them you will take less money to work remote. Get an offer first, then negotiate the remote vs onsite.
Never tell anyone you would take less money, for any reason
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.