The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

1,868 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Super Aggie 64
Super Aggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom drops on 9/26 for the Nintendo Switch! You play as Zelda! The game adds Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom style elements to a classic 2D Zelda.

Average Joe
AG
That's pretty cool. As a girl dad with kids that are getting into gaming, I think they will enjoy this one.
BadMoonRisin
AG
i need to go back and finish Tears of the Kingdom.

I was super excited to play that game, but it just felt like carbon copy derivative of BoTW, so I kind of just lost my motivation.
bthotugigem05
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

I was super excited to play that game, but it just felt like carbon copy derivative of BoTW, so I kind of just lost my motivation.
I felt the same way but my goodness did the tear quests and especially the final boss sequence change my mind.

It went from feeling like a DLC for BotW to maybe the most emotional moments I've ever had playing a video game.
Lathspell
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

I felt the same way. Moreso, it just felt overwhelmed by all the crap I needed to explore, especially the underworld area. That was becoming monotonous to explore in the dark, and I just got side tracked by other games.

BotW is in my top 3 games of all time. TotK is still unfinished.

Now, this particular game with Zelda looks very intriguing. I love how it's Zelda, but not a replacement of Link. It's Zelda being Zelda, not trying to be Link. This will be a day one purchase for me.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I was underwhelmed by BoTW after hearing all the hype. The world just felt a little too empty.

But ToTK blew me away. There was so much more to do! The fuze mechanics were a great innovation on the classic formula, the story was well done, the dungeons were great, there was more variety in enemies, and the final boss fight rocked.

Really looking forward to Echoes and seeing where they go next. It looks like the largest map we've seen in a top-down Zelda ever, and that's pretty rad.
Thanks and gig'em
AustinAg2K
It should be The Legend of Link.
double aught
AG
If this is anything like Links Awakening for Switch (it looks like it is), I'm in. I love that game and so do my kids.
cone
AG
ToTK is an amazing game but ******* is it completely tedious outside of the main quests
Super Aggie 64
AG
New trailer!

Super Aggie 64
AG
New Overview Trailer! Two weeks until launch!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.