Outdoors
Sponsored by

Cool Find Out and About Today

2,559 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by bam02
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Posting here bc I am pretty sure this is the best place for maddiedou to see it and maybe give some insight. On cursory search looks to be worth $10 to $15. Not bad.

Was at customer service at the store and my daughter saw a bunch of change on the floor and picked it up. We're going to go to the gumball machine when I saw an extra shiny quarter in the bunch so I took a closer look. Turned out to be a 1943 silver quarter. Not a bad find for getting some errands done!

The kicker is my 1st grader that found it did a report on coins over the weekend for homework and specifically talked about how some coins used to be made out of silver. Absolutely perfect.

Jason_Roofer
That's worth more than face value and the ones now are worth less than face value.
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
Sea Speed
AG
Jason_Roofer said:

That's worth more than face value and the ones now are worth less than face value.

Was just talking to my buddy about how this would damn near buy you a week of groceries when minted.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Sea Speed said:

Jason_Roofer said:

Was just talking to my buddy about how this would damn near buy you a week of groceries when minted.

And now it costs a mint.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

Sea Speed said:

Jason_Roofer said:

And now it costs a mint.
But it won't buy a mint.
Mas89
AG
Great find. I've always liked the ww2 era coins the most. So much history and to think of the soldiers and others who carried them. I've collected the walking Liberty silver half dollars and should have plenty of 1943s. I'd be glad to give her one if you want to send a pm.
bam02
AG
Very cool!
Sea Speed
AG
Mas89 said:

Great find. I've always liked the ww2 era coins the most. So much history and to think of the soldiers and others who carried them. I've collected the walking Liberty silver half dollars and should have plenty of 1943s. I'd be glad to give her one if you want to send a pm.

Wow I appreciate it. Good bull. I will shoot you a message.
maddiedou
AG
Very good find. The grade is a G4
Takes 5 quarters roughly to make an ounce
So whatever silver spot divide by 5 is the value +\~ and a maybe a tad more because very recognizable quarter

maddiedou
Sea Speed
AG
maddiedou said:

Very good find. The grade is a G4
Takes 5 quarters roughly to make an ounce
So whatever silver spot divide by 5 is the value +\~ and a maybe a tad more because very recognizable quarter

Awesome, thank you. Was hoping you would chime in. When I did a quick Google search there was one listed for over a grand. I get people can list things for whatever they want, but I assume there are some scarce versions out there. Out of curiosity, besides the grade, what sets the valuable ones apart from others?
BBQ
AG
My absolutely coolest HS graduation gift was from one of my father's good friends from the Army

I graduated in 1983

so, Colonel Elliot gave me 83 each, 1964 ( my birth year)
"Silver" silver dollar pieces. They have that very unique "ring" when you bounce one on the table.
They are all in perfect condition as if they were never in circulation
Farmari Bojuji
Shoefly!
AG
Put it in a small frame for her and hang it where you can show others. She'll love it!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'd love to see a pic of a few of those!
Sea Speed
AG
Shout out to Mas89 who sent my daughter a whole American coin collection starter pack. Really outdid himself and she was ultra excited to get them, especially this close to her birthday.

bam02
AG
Good bull!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.