Outdoors
Sponsored by

FS - Service Grade 1943 Springfield M1 Garand and 500 Rounds

932 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Vitani
Vitani
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sold.

Thanks for your time.

Ryan the Temp
AG
I want this soooooo much, but I can't justify the expense.
Vitani
AG
Honestly that is pretty much how I am right now too. I would love to keep it but need the money much more than the rifle right now.
Gunny456
AG
Can you tell us the barrel date? SA as well?
Thanks!
Have you broke it down to see if any other parts are SA?
Vitani
AG
I have not broken it down and am not sure how but if you have a good guide for it, I would be happy to check.

Where can I find the barrel markings?
schmellba99
AG
Vitani said:

I have not broken it down and am not sure how but if you have a good guide for it, I would be happy to check.

Where can I find the barrel markings?
It's been a minute since I looked at one, but pretty sure the barrel markings are near the front sight.
Vitani
AG
I think I found the barrel markings. It looks like it says 3SA345 so I assume that is a Springfield barrel March of 1945?

Gunny456
AG
Vitani
AG
Isn't that the barrel with the operating rod pulled back? I am just going off a video I found so I am not sure how reliable that is. I am not seeing any markings on the barrel near the front sight.

Gunny456
AG
Yes sir. Sorry. Im looking at it on an old I phone. Some Garands of late war years (45) had the barrel stamped as depicted and before. Also reworked Danish barrels. Those would not typically be stamped by the sight.
Vitani
AG
No worries. I am learning quite a bit about the rifle through this conversation. All I had looked up previously was the serial number on the receiver since that is easy to find.
Gunny456
AG
Looks like to me you have a real nice example of a vintage Garand. Do you see any cartouche or any stamps of any kind on the stock?
Just my initial opinion ( which does count much), you have a much above average specimen there.
Well worth your asking price sir.
Gunny456
AG
I have a good friend who has started a collection of representations of light firearms of the war years. I am going to pass this on to him.
Vitani
AG
I truly appreciate it and can try to answer any more questions you or he have.

I have looked all over the visible portion of the stock trying to find any markings and have not come up with anything. Based on what I have read, the stock likely was replaced in the 50s and then the rifle was reissued.
Gunny456
AG
Sounds right.
Vitani
AG
Just a quick bump for the evening crowd. Y'all have a great night.
Gunny456
jag1075
AG
I'll buy it. I'm in West Houston but we can work something out. Shoot me an email and <username> @ gmail.com

Vitani said:

I bought this rifle from CMP a few years ago with the intention of keeping it in my collection but it has been sitting in the closet in its case and I have not had a chance to fire it.

The receiver is Springfield with a serial number that puts the manufacture date in March 1943. I am not sure if the stock is original to the rifle (it likely is not) but I know that it is in field used condition and not a new CMP replacement stock. The muzzle is 1+ and the throat is 2.

Also included is 500 rounds of .30-06 in an ammo box that is safe for use in the Garand. The ammo alone right now sells for over $600 with tax and shipping.

I would like to get $1900 for everything together. I live outside of College Station but could also meet in the Houston area.

Thanks for your time.

Vitani
AG
Thank you. I just sent an email to you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.