Outdoors
Sponsored by

North West AR vs Central TN

447 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by zooguy96
calbrown08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

I'm sure of you may remember, I posted a similar topic about NWA a few months back. My wife & I are stuck between moving to Central TN (Columbia/Fairview IE country outside Nashville) or moving up to NWA (West Fork/Elkins/Praire Grove)

Anyone lived in both areas and have any thoughts?

We plan on owning land, love the outdoors & especially to hunt (chase giant whitetails and greenheads).

Things we like about Central TN:
- Job opportunities, seems more of a safe bet on a robust economy
- More southern feel
- Better schools for kids?
- Better small towns, super nice downtown with community feel
- Living in a new area IE getting out of TOLA (experience TN/AL/KY etc)

Things we like about NWA:
- More affordable (more land)
- Earlier in the growth cycle compared to TN
- Closer outdoor activities (Ponca AR hiking/fly fishing etc vs 3.5 hr drive to smokies)
- Better huntin??? (SE KS deer & Waterfowl in KS and eastern OK)

Any advice would be appreciated!
Roger350
AG
TN - No state income tax
AR - Has a state income tax

TN for the win

Obviously, you'd have to compare property taxes, sales taxes, etc. A Google search will turn up some sites that will compare cost of living, but many exclude tax considerations so you have to search taxes separately, but there will be some sites that compare tax liabilities.
RockwallAg
AG
Arkansas has better lakes

Tennessee has better mountains

Gunny456
AG
I worked in both those areas as a rep for around 17 years. Both nice. We chose Ark/Southernmost Mo. cost of living and property taxes so much lower. So much cheaper in all regards to the Texas hill country.
One thing if your looking at land. MO and North Ark is groundwater is very abundant in comparison. In the Ozarks streams, springs, creeks, river are everywhere. You can drill wells everywhere on your property and hit water. Lots and lots of lakes.
I'm a water guy. That and the cost of living and ultra conservative culture sold us. Solid red area.
Go with what your heart and gut tell you.
Ozark Mountains are beautiful.
zooguy96
AG
We love East Tennessee. We live south of Knoxville. It's growing like crazy. But, can still be in Great Smoky Mountain National Park in 30 minutes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.