Patriot Mobile Coverage in B/CS?

1,074 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Grmpy
CatPit1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our friends over at Verizon Mobile just notified us that our monthly cost is going up again…this time, the monthly credit for a direct monthly cash payment (vs. credit card payment) is being reduced & our monthly out-of-pocket cost will increase in October. Do any of you folks have experience with Patriot Mobile? Thoughts on switching over to them? Supposedly, they use the same cell towers as VZ, AT&T, etc. and at a substantially cheaper monthly rate.
maroon barchetta
Co-worker uses them and raves about them but I haven't tried them myself.
redaszag99
Patriot Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that leases network access from AT&T and T-Mobile to provide phone plans to customers.
JaneDoe02
AG
I haven't used Patriot, but I do use Mint and it works great in BCS and it's crazy cheap. I think I pay $250/year. I don't have the unlimited but I don't need it since I'm mostly on wifi at home or at work.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
redaszag99 said:

Patriot Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that leases network access from AT&T and T-Mobile to provide phone plans to customers.

Is their network traffic throttled or at lower priority than the legacy carriers?
Grmpy
Esteban du Plantier said:

redaszag99 said:

Is their network traffic throttled or at lower priority than the legacy carriers?
MVNO's typically get lower traffic priority compared to the infrastructure service. IE AT&T will get prioritized over Cricket or other similar MVNOs. I don't find this to be an issue on cellular service, however your data could suck if trying to pull up websites and such.

I used Cricket for a long time and got by using wifi wherever i was at. Even the data worked fine "most" places, however there seems to be a black hole around half price books (university) and around Jesse's on 29th street.

Everywhere else i have gotten by, but I don't do a lot other than listen to a podcast or lookup price comparisons or similar. Wifi usually handles my heavier data needs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.