Metroplex
Sponsored by

Vonlane (it's better than ridin on train)

2,110 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Jack Klompus
gabehcoud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sunday evening around 7pm a big Vonlane bus exited 287N to Little Rd in Arlington/Kennedale. First time I've ever seen a Vonlane vehicle irl. Wtf would it be doing on 287 & especially Little Rd?
aggie_wes
AG
gabehcoud said:

Sunday evening around 7pm a big Vonlane bus exited 287N to Little Rd in Arlington/Kennedale. First time I've ever seen a Vonlane vehicle irl. Wtf would it be doing on 287 & especially Little Rd?

Maybe they store them or maintain them there? It's fairly central for their routes from Dallas and Fort Worth.
gabehcoud
I don't think so bc I live in the area and have never seen one before. But possible i suppose
akaggie05
AG
Private charter?
TMan86
AG
I remember my first Vonlane experience. I dislike driving but riding a bus didn't sound all that appealing either. I will never forget the feeling after stepping off the bus in Austin from Dallas. I immediately recognized that I felt refreshed and not like I had been in a 10 round fight. Driving I35 or I45 is truly a battle and takes something out of you. Count me as a big fan. One piece of advice, always bring something to cover yourself with…they crank that AC…always a bit chilly and I am guy that enjoys the cold air on my big butt.
StateofTexas
AG
No better way to travel between Houston and Austin. Big fan.
fc2112
Dan Dipert has his maintenance facility up at the north end of Lake Arlington. Maybe going there for some work?
TheCurl84
AG
TMan86 said:

I remember my first Vonlane experience. I dislike driving but riding a bus didn't sound all that appealing either. I will never forget the feeling after stepping off the bus in Austin from Dallas. I immediately recognized that I felt refreshed and not like I had been in a 10 round fight. Driving I35 or I45 is truly a battle and takes something out of you. Count me as a big fan. One piece of advice, always bring something to cover yourself with…they crank that AC…always a bit chilly and I am guy that enjoys the cold air on my big butt.

Grow some hair!!
TMan86
AG
I have none.
TMan86
AG
Username checks out
Matsui
AG
They look like a nice ride.
Proposition Joe
I was intrigued but then checked prices/routes... I get wanting to ride in a bit of peace, but $130 to share a luxury bus for what would be a 3.5 hour car ride?
powerbelly
AG
Door to door it is about the same as a Southwest flight for me and much easier to get work done.
Proposition Joe
powerbelly said:

Door to door it is about the same as a Southwest flight for me and much easier to get work done.
Yeah, I guess if the proximity to the pickup/dropoff locations work out for you then it makes sense. I can definitely see the allure of being able to work -- my productivity on any day I have a flight completely bottoms out.
Matsui
AG
the pickup and dropoff points won't work for me, but i do agree $120 round trip from FW to Aus seems a bit steep.
double aught
AG
powerbelly said:

I get the point, but at the same time, there's some irony in paying money to be able to work.
powerbelly
AG
double aught said:

powerbelly said:

I get the point, but at the same time, there's some irony in paying money to be able to work.
1. It isn't my money
2. I would have to pay money and have to do the work either way
Jack Klompus
AG
I've enjoyed my experience on Vonlane. Chose the early trip from Downtown Houston to Dallas Love Field. Strong wifi, plenty of legroom, light breakfast, snacks, soft drinks and coffee provided. Offered a blanket and pillow, sundries (eye mask, ear plugs, toothbrush, hand sanitizer, tissues, clorox wipes, tylenol/advil). About 30 minutes before arriving in Dallas, they handed out hot towels to wash hands and face. It's $199 round trip, but it will be a business expense.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.