Tyler appliance repair?

2,124 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RockOn
RockOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I feel like I ask for recommendations all the time here, but yall have the best recommendations.

Anyone have some to do home appliance repair? I have a gas oven/range that I think has thermostat issue on the oven.

Thanks
AGC
AG
This is why I buy from Don's.
RockOn
Definitely something to that. The refrigerator and clothes washer and dryer are from Dons but the oven came before me so I have no idea where they were purchased.
Dtexag10
AG
I had the exact same issue with my gas oven thermostat going out. Whirlpool gold series apparently has this as a common issue. Oven came with the house. Still called Dons and they replaced it for a reasonable price. I watched the repair guy do the job and I am glad I paid him to do it. It's fairly more complex of a job than you might think. I am handy and am not afraid of swapping out parts on almost anything. The guy had to disassemble most of the oven just to get to the thermostat. I think parts and labor was around $250 or $300 a few years back.
RockOn
I'll have to look but I'm pretty sure it's a whirlpool.
Txgunrnnr
AG
I was going to say Midsouth Dist on DC dr. But I think they're just showroom and parts. I don't think they do any repairs.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
AggieGunslinger
AG
Gary79, of the tu Tears thread fame, turned me on to these folks.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/

call them and tell them what is going on, they can walk you through trouble shooting and what parts you need to fix it. Thanks to Gary, I have repaired my AC, Dryer, Washer and a microwave.
RockOn
Definitely bookmarking this. Generally I'm a DIYer if I feel comfortable enough with the project.

Replaced a door threshold the other day that had rotted out. Total cost was $8.
AggieGunslinger
AG
They will be pretty honest if it's DIY or not.
RockOn
Turned out it was a blown PC board. So nothing to do with the thermostat or burner.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.