New Transmission + Labor Cost

1,520 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Silvy
RGRAg1/75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting quoted $6600 for diagnostic/parts/labor. 2019 GMC Yukon XL. Sounds about $1k high, but I haven't had to do this in a while.

Any thoughts on this quote?
highpriorityag
seems about right
your real complaint should be with GM for selling you a POS that broke after 5 years
zooguy96
AG
Just paid more than that for a clutch and a transmission on a 2016 Mustang. Seems about right.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
RGRAg1/75
AG
highpriorityag said:

seems about right
your real complaint should be with GM for selling you a POS that broke after 5 years

Absolutely my primary complaint. Unbelievable, really. Less than 100k miles. All services always on time, etc. Not to mention the fact that I bought the extended 5 yr/100k mi warranty (car is actually 5.5 years old so extended warranty is expired), and NOW it ****s the bed.

I saw a class action suit against GM for this yr model. Need to read more on it, but may join that out of principal.
cavscout96
AG
Looks right
Justified
We had ours replaced on our 2017 Tahoe back in January. The car had 120k at the time. Towing, motor mounts and rebuild was $5500.
AgToadie
We had our 2016 rebuilt in late 2021 for $3,615 in NW Houston. I imagine rates have gone up, but not double. So far we have about 30,000 miles on it without incident.
Maveric
AG
That is around how much I paid on a transmission replacement on a 2015 Camry with 65,000 miles. Definitely not happy about that happening with so little mileage.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Maveric said:

That is around how much I paid on a transmission replacement on a 2015 Camry with 65,000 miles. Definitely not happy about that happening with so little mileage.
For reals???
Maveric
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Maveric said:

For reals???
Yes, I bought it in January too from a local dealership.
Ag for Life
AG
Maveric said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Maveric said:

For reals???
Yes, I bought it in January too from a local dealership.

At least now you know why it was a trade in.

Sorry, that sucks!
BrokeAssAggie
RGRAg1/75 said:

Getting quoted $6600 for diagnostic/parts/labor. 2019 GMC Yukon XL. Sounds about $1k high, but I haven't had to do this in a while.

Any thoughts on this quote?
had to do this in my wife 2015 Suburban last year. right around $7K
Silvy
AG
Username checks out
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.