Rule 1

2,626 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Lynch
GTBullitt68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another White (Avalanche) boost

After calling over 30 dealers in Texas, I was able to finally find a 2024 Raptor R with a small mark up in Louisiana optioned out exactly how I wanted it. Flew in and drove it back in a quick 7 hours. I'm honestly surprised at how much better this rides than my TRX and the performance is amazing!

Roger350
AG
Sweet! The fact that these and the TRX exist surely means we are in the Golden age performance vehicles. Awesome truck.
bam02
AG
Beautiful!
PLUM LOCO
AG
Roger350 said:

Sweet! The fact that these and the TRX exist surely means we are in the Golden age performance vehicles. Awesome truck.
That was the late 1960's...
Cardiag
AG
What were the options you were looking for that made it hard to find?

You've got me building one for myself.

Did you find any with the graphics delete?
easttexasaggie04
AG
OK I'm not a Ford fan and even I have to admit that it's badass.
aggieforester05
AG
V8 boost is best boost, congrats!
GTBullitt68
AG
The hardest option to find was one that wasn't already spoken for in Avalanche. The other issue I ran into is all the dealers in Texas wanted $150k for one in that color if it was available. My max ADM was $10k so it took a lot of effort to find that.

As for the graphics package removal, I wasn't overly concerned with it as they are easily removed in under half an hour. However I did find one for my boss at the end of March without graphics and he scooped that one up.
Roger350
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

Roger350 said:

That was the late 1960's...

I love classic muscle cars, and have a lot of favorites, but today's performance cars are better in every objective category. The only thing those classics have over today's cars is personality/charm/nostalgia.

It was a great era for autos, pretty much everything from post-war until about '73 has some incredible cars, and if I had the money and the storage space I'd have a huge collection, but today's performance machines are less one dimensional and do everything better than the best of the '60s.

I'm 50, my first car was a '67 Corvair Monza in 1989, I grew up dreaming of '57 Chevys, '70 LS6 Chevelles, anything with the Shelby name attached to it, L88 Vettes, GTOs, Camaros and Trans AMs, and posters of all the foreign exotics lined my bedroom walls, but today's machines surpass all of those classics, save for personality, and many would argue they have their own personality too.
aggieforester05
AG
Sure would be nice if Ford would flood the market with these to the point that they have to offer discounts instead of ADMs being the market norm. Instead they flooded the market with crappy Lightnings that they can't seem to give away.
GTBullitt68
AG
Completely agree! It pained me to pay over sticker for anything so I worked to find the lowest mark up possible. Maybe one day these will sell at sticker but I'm happy with what I paid for it and I'm sure I'll forget about the ADM soon
Buck Turgidson
Are you going to sell the TRX? It doesn't sound like you traded it in on the Raptor if you flew there.
jja79
AG
Nice. Congratulations on being rich.
BrazosDog02
AG
There is nothing like the sound of a cammed big block
From a 70's muscle car. I spent a fair amount of money boring out a 455 in my 442 to a 462cu inch, cammed, custom machine work, etc and she squeezed out 430 HP when I was done….and then she had to pull a 3500lb car down the road.

You can walk down to ford and walk out the door with a Mustang that will do all that out of the box with nothing extra required, more power, less engine, less weight, it's just better.

I'll never own a modern sports car over a muscle car but I'll also never have trouble admitting modern sports cars are better in all ways except how they make me feel.
GTBullitt68
AG
Unfortunately, I sold the TRX before I picked up this one.
aggieforester05
AG
If you haven't watched the Cleetus video where he straps the Whipple 3.8L supercharger upgrade on his Raptor R you probably shouldn't.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Oh my
GTBullitt68
AG
I definitely have and am waiting for the 24's to be supported. It's going to be very hard to resist at that point
GIF Reactor
AG
Lynch
Super jealous. I can't get anyone to sell me one without a huge adm. I'm settling for a '24 802a.

But I do have my '24 392 Wrangler so that fits the stupid vehicle checklist for me!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.