used F-150 question-rust

879 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by water turkey
water turkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking at a used truck (2018 F-150) that originally came from PA to TX. In good shape overall, low miles.
It has some rust underneath. How much rust is too much?

Silvy
AG
I wouldn't give 2 ****s about rust on an exhaust, however, F150s are common enough that you can avoid buying one from the north.
water turkey
Silvy said:

I wouldn't give 2 ****s about rust on an exhaust, however, F150s are common enough that you can avoid buying one from the north.

Thanks. I was thinking about the rust on frame and cross beam.

Thanks
More than likely you would not have trouble in your life time on the frame.
Jason_Roofer
I've been looking for used trucks for several years now, late model. If the carfax shows any place that requires winterizing of roads, I'm out.
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
sts7049
AG
water turkey said:

Silvy said:

Thanks. I was thinking about the rust on frame and cross beam.

Thanks
there is also what you can't see inside the rails too, in the holes and what not.

maybe it doesn't look like a whole lot now, but so many other options available i wouldn't bother taking that chance
Jack Boyett
AG
Getting nuts off suspension parts will be a pita. There's just no reason to subject yourself to that unless the price makes it worth it.
water turkey
Thanks for the input. Confirmed my concern, even for a good deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.