New truck purchase

2,301 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Mas89
Njacob
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We just found out my wife's GX is being totaled due to a sunroof leak. She is taking over my suburban and I am going back to a truck.

Multiple questions…
1. What is everyone seeing for mark downs and financing on new trucks?
2. Ford vs GM?
- I have previously had 2 f250s and not getting back into a modern diesel
- I had a 2012 f150w/ 5.0 and it suited my needs
- Chevy seems to have best incentives
3. I always hear to avoid Covid years but have come across a low mile 2021 f150 lariat w/ 5.0…should. Covid years really be avoided?

I want crew cab, 4x4, and nicely appointed. Trying to stay below $55k. Would consider gas 3/4 ton. Go…

I'm sure more questions will come to mind but need to move fairly quick as only having 1 vehicle isn't optimal.
mefoghorn
AG
Here's mine for your consideration: https://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/d/sulphur-springs-f150-xl-crew-cab-4x4/7763011787.html
Njacob
Thanks for the link. I am looking for bucket seats and a console.
Dr. Nefario
If you're looking for advice from this board, there are only two options. A white Ford boooooost or a Nissan Titan.
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln

“Veganism is like communism. They’re both fine… unless you like food.”
Buck Turgidson
I was going to stay out of this as a Titan homer, but if you want new and you are trying to stay below $55k. Your answer is obvious. No better new truck under your price ceiling that a Titan.

If your price point was up over $70k+ I might look at Ford or GMC.

Another option would be one of these Rams that are cluttering up dealer lots. They are discounting pretty heavily and still have tons of '24s, some '23s and even a few unsold '22s on lots around the country as the '25s are coming out now. Might get a pretty good deal on a mid trim level Ram.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
It will also depend on you definition of "nicely appointed." If that means power driver's seat and carplay, you are fine with a Ford XLT, GMC SLE, or Chevrolet LT. If it means leather and air conitioned seats, you will need to step up another trim level.

We had a Ford F150 STX that was "nicely appointed" and had everything except a power driver's seat and heated seats.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
If an STX qualifeis for "nicely appointed" here is a 2023 and 2024 in Hunstsville. The first pic on the 2023 in of a base xl not an stx. These are both 5.0 engines.

https://www.billfickfordhuntsville.com/new/Ford/2024-Ford-F-150-for-sale-huntsville-texas-65a64899ac183ece082d2940b1d5d2b7.htm

https://www.billfickfordhuntsville.com/exotic-new/Ford/2023-Ford-F-150-for-sale-huntsville-texas-fc5efe97ac1820fe4417a51148905aff.htm
AG
How has no one asked about a Lexus being totaled for a leaking sunroof? WTF?
Njacob
Exactly!!!

After the heavy rains in Dallas last month, my wife got in her car and there was a salad plate size puddle on the passenger floorboard. Dropped it off before going to Rockport for the 4th and got an email a few days later saying total loss. What stinks is it was a 2015 with only 80k miles. Lexus just warrantied the coolant valley plate leak 10 months ago and we put in a new radiator 2 months ago. Was planning on it lasting another 6 years to be my daughters first car.
MikesFamousJava
AG
Buy this one before I'm tempted to:

https://www.jerryscadillac.com/VehicleDetails/used-2023-Ford-F_150-Platinum_4WD_SuperCrew_5.5'_Box-WEATHERFORD-TX/5829135340
Mas89
AG
How and where did the sunroof leak? Have had 2 460s and have never heard of this. But I won't buy a truck with a hole in the roof for this reason. Just wish not having one in the wife's vehicle was an option.

On truck, Ford seats are so much better than Chevy and gmc. Get the 5.0 again for long term reliability. And find one without the auto start-stop button. It will say auto-start stop delete on the window sticker.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.