Car Wash Help

1,227 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TexDill15
TexDill15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Washing my wife's car and I can't get these orane marks out.

Car had PPF and Ceramic coating put on it last spring when new. Almost feels like the it's under the PPF.

I've tried wax & paint compound.

austinag1997
AG
Aren't they supposed to install after clean or paint correction? Really easy to clean my vehicles with ceramic coating with waterless wash.
TexDill15
AG
austinag1997 said:

Aren't they supposed to install after clean or paint correction? Really easy to clean my vehicles with ceramic coating with waterless wash.

Correct. This is a new problem. Never have had an issue cleaning the car till today.
whitespikes06
AG
I have always had good luck with Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion on tough stains like that. It is strange that it has penetrated the coating but, either way you could try that and then cover cleaned area with a spray coating.

ETA - it is non abrasive.
'03ag
Have you tried a clay bar? Seems unlikely it's actually under the PFF, but if it is a clay bar won't help at all
Aggie Dad 26
[If you want to make a Reddit post go to Reddit. -Staff]
Silvy
AG
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little ****ed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Was there a bug or anything that baked on it in the sun for awhile? I've seen PPF sustain big damage and discolor, it's really no different than how it'll etch into the clear coat of paint. My wife has a spot on her mirror that although not as dark got stained from a massive bug splatter that was left on for too long and certain angles you can see it. Dark far so not as noticeable.
TexDill15
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

Was there a bug or anything that baked on it in the sun for awhile? I've seen PPF sustain big damage and discolor, it's really no different than how it'll etch into the clear coat of paint. My wife has a spot on her mirror that although not as dark got stained from a massive bug splatter that was left on for too long and certain angles you can see it. Dark far so not as noticeable.

I think it's a sap from my in-laws Pecan tree but I can't feel when I run my finger across it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.