Car Manufacturers - Top Secret

1,421 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by Roger350
evan_aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just wanted to acknowledge how difficult it is to keep secrets at very large companies, and somehow most of them are able to keep new models under wraps until the exact moment they want something published.

I have no idea what a 2025 Highlander may have vs a 2024 (probably tiny changes), but yet somehow there is little to no info ahead of what I'm guessing is a 60 day dealer launch.
G Martin 87
AG
evan_aggie said:

I just wanted to acknowledge how difficult it is to keep secrets at very large companies, and somehow most of them are able to keep new models under wraps until the exact moment they want something published.

I have no idea what a 2025 Highlander may have vs a 2024 (probably tiny changes), but yet somehow there is little to no info ahead of what I'm guessing is a 60 day dealer launch.
Breaking NDAs and media embargoes have consequences.
evan_aggie
AG
Not even a NDA.

I'm just talking about internal "leaks".

I work for a tech company and little details leak all the time. Even though employees would be fired... stuff still anonymously leaks.

But car info is kept well protected.
the pit man
Back in the day, late 50's and early 60's dealerships covered their windows with brown paper to keep the new models hidden until the show date.
Roger350
AG
Things leak in the auto industry too, but on a Highlander I'm betting there is no info leaked because very few people would care about it in a year with no major changes.
evan_aggie
AG
Roger350 said:

Things leak in the auto industry too, but on a Highlander I'm betting there is no info leaked because very few people would care about it in a year with no major changes.

Even dealers don't know anything. They don't know when the stop-sell will be lifted for Grand Highlander. It could be 2 weeks, or 8.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Top secret?

Searching for the truth... How often should we change the oil..
Roger350
AG
Dealers are often left in the dark. The leaks are on internet enthusiast sites. Suppliers get in and throw hints, pictures get leaked of development mules, people that work for the manufacturers throw little hints. I've seen order guides leaked before the dealers have them. But it is typically for new models and total design changes. And again, it is often enthusiast cars and trucks. Toyota highlanders and other mainstream stuff don't get a ton of leaks because how much does it stroke an engineer's ego to tell secrets about mainstream cars no one really gets too excited about. Find a Toyota enthusiast forum, and maybe the Highlander sub forum will have some info for you. I'm sure you'll get more info there than you will at a dealer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.