ANother Dumb Problem, Wipers Stuck on Lowest Setting

1,012 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Sweet Kitten Feet
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
So I used my wipers on Friday afternoon, pulled into the drive way and switched them back to off. Start it up today and they still run every few seconds, real slow like they're on the lowest setting. Is replacing the turn signal switch with the wiper controls on it pretty easy?

It's a 2014 F150 by the way.
lb3
AG
Stuck relay perhaps? I would look there not because it's likely but because it's far easier than the alternative.
philag the third
AG
Replace the multifunction switch. Easy DIY.
The Fife
Might want to have a look around at the horn button while you're in there just to be sure.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
The Fife said:

Might want to have a look around at the horn button while you're in there just to be sure.
My wife complained about her Palisade horn the other day. I offered to put a bigger horn in.
sts7049
AG
you should know better than to try and make repairs around the steering column
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
sts7049 said:

you should know better than to try and make repairs around the steering column
I deserve that. But in my defense I'm way more handy now than I used to be.
javajaws
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

The Fife said:

My wife complained about her Palisade horn the other day. I offered to put a bigger horn in.
Should have told her it was low on horn e-fluid and that she needs to pick some up from the autoparts store.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Y'all I teed a sex joke right up there for y'all and nobody took a swing. This board has gone to garbage.
lb3
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Y'all I teed a sex joke right up there for y'all and nobody took a swing. This board has gone to garbage.
Being so handy now makes me think your wife is getting her bigger horn somewhere else.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
philag the third said:

Replace the multifunction switch. Easy DIY.

This
Burdizzo
AG
I had a similar problem on a 1992 F250 for many years. I thought it was the multifunction switch. It was not, in my case. There are a set of contacts in the wiper motor that close when the arms are down so the when the switch is off the wipers know to stop in the down position. These had gotten pitted so that even though the switch was off the wipers didn't know when the arms were down and never stopped. Frustrating problem to chase. Once I cleaned those contacts, they stopped when there were supposed to
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Replaced the switch today. Everything works Except the new switch doesn't hold the brights on. It doesn't click into place. Probably will end up buying the bullet and getting the motorcraft part. I just ordered whatever rockauto had.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Well nevermind. Everything works, even the brights. Just doesn't feel real good. Not a very good tactile "click" when moving it around. Oh well. Easy repair and cheap enough part.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.