Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Scenes from Bonfire 2024

4,307 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Canyon Lake Agbu94
FtnTXAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In 2024, Bonfire continues as it began in 1907 and always has been - built and led by students.

Cut II

Cut

Latest Live "Cull & Good Bull" Session

Latest "Perimeter Fires" Podcast Episode
Frank Cox '65, Pt. 1 - "I Bleed Maroon"

Latest "Monday Moti"
Monday Moti - 09/09/2024 - Serve

Find the "Perimeter Fires" podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, with new Bonfire-motivated conversations with people in and around Bonfire, past and present. "Monday Moti" is a Monday(ish) feature to the podcast. "Cull & Good Bull" is a YouTube live photo review session of the stories and scenes of the latest Bonfire events before photos are posted.
FtnTXAg03
AG

12 Fires (8 images)
FtnTXAg03
AG

Chief Cut (71 images)
FtnTXAg03
AG

Cut Class (66 images)
MSCAg
AG
Damn I wish they'd bring it back to campus.
_______________________________________________________ O Fortuna, velut Luna, statu variabilis, semper crescis, aut decrescis;
WaldoWings
MSCAg said:

I think if there was some funding available for true advertising it could be just as big of a deal off campus
FtnTXAg03
AG

First Cut, Pt. 1 (58 images)
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Thanks for sharing. Back to BTHO tu!
FtnTXAg03
AG

First Cut, Pt. 2 (58 images)
General Jack D. Ripper
I've been to Student BF. It's fine, but it will never compare to the 100s of thousands of people, the band, the corps and the football team being there.
There was this one time at ban camp…
duddleysdraw88
AG
General Jack D. Ripper said:

I've been to Student BF. It's fine, but it will never compare to the 100s of thousands of people, the band, the corps and the football team being there.

Sadly, it can never compare apples to apples again.

Bottom line is because of liability risk! Some of my best memories revolved around everything Bonfire!

Not having it on campus, no BQs and CTs there, not hearing Dan Campbell speaking truths, did make it different.

I was originally against the off campus version and never gave it much notice!

Fast forward a several years and I am beginning to see something that is continuing not only a great tradition, but also building something a little different than just a stack of logs in some random pasture!

Just like in our day, they are building that trust, loyalty, friendships, pride that made Bonfire so much freaking fun.

But let us not forget that they are building back and continuing the everlovin' HATRED for those despised t-sips over in asstin.

F sip
(and FSankey)
Triple-T
AG
Bonfire is the most badass and Redass tradition of all time.

Thank you New Army for keeping this fundamental Aggie Tradition alive!!!!

Gig 'em.
TTT
greg.w.h
AG
duddleysdraw88 said:

Bottom line is because of liability risk! Some of my best memories revolved around everything Bonfire!

Not having it on campus, no BQs and CTs there, not hearing Dan Campbell speaking truths, did make it different.

Fast forward a several years and I am beginning to see something that is continuing not only a great tradition, but also building something a little different than just a stack of logs in some random pasture!

Just like in our day, they are building that trust, loyalty, friendships, pride that made Bonfire so much freaking fun.

But let us not forget that they are building back and continuing the everlovin' HATRED for those despised t-sips over in asstin.

F sip
(and FSankey)

The bottom line is due to 12 deaths and significant settlement costs…never talk about bringing it back on campus without mentioning 12 deaths. Ever.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
Canyon Lake Agbu94
I am assuming this burns on Wednesday the 27th this year?
FtnTXAg03
AG
It will burn the night before the game (this year being a home game), so Friday, November 29. Next year, being an away game, it will Burn on Tuesday. That schedule is a function of the final game being on a Saturday. https://bonfire.ag/#burn

In the future, if we return to Thanksgiving Day games, it will burn the night before the home game (Wednesdays) or two nights before the away game (Tuesdays).
FtnTXAg03
AG
We're live reviewing photos from Cut II tonight at 10:30.

FtnTXAg03
AG

Cut II (66 images)
FtnTXAg03
AG
This morning, two minutes before the Yellowpots/Buttpots call, and the first work on Perimeter for Bonfire '24.

https://instagr.am/p/C_5eSASuejm

We'll go live from Perimeter later today at https://YouTube.com/@dioncgallery.
FtnTXAg03
AG
A long review last night of Cut III, the first double and the first work on Perimeter for the season. And a couple surprises...

KCup17
AG
I drove up from Houston last year for Bonfire. I might do it again this year because we didn't play tu when I was in school.

Never got to see Bonfire in all it's glory but the current edition is still pretty cool

BTHO tu
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Since I will be going to the Texas game, I might drive from Austin to Bryan-College Station one day early to watch the Bonfire.
AGDAD14
WaldoWings said:

MSCAg said:

I think if there was some funding available for true advertising it could be just as big of a deal off campus

Just spread a little NIL money to the football team for showing up to the bonfire, and it wouldn't be long until the corp, the band, the 12th man, and former students started showing up in mass (voluntarily).
Divining Rod
Totally REDASS!!!

Thank you to the tens of thousands of Students thst have kept this alive the last quarter century!!!!
cevans_40
AG
greg.w.h said:

duddleysdraw88 said:

F sip
(and FSankey)

The bottom line is due to 12 deaths and significant settlement costs…never talk about bringing it back on campus without mentioning 12 deaths. Ever.
Sometimes you post the weirdest things. What's the point you are trying to make?
Canyon Lake Agbu94
FtnTXAg03 said:

It will burn the night before the game (this year being a home game), so Friday, November 29. Next year, being an away game, it will Burn on Tuesday. That schedule is a function of the final game being on a Saturday. https://bonfire.ag/#burn

In the future, if we return to Thanksgiving Day games, it will burn the night before the home game (Wednesdays) or two nights before the away game (Tuesdays).
Thank you for this info and link.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.