Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What is a recruit's dream team today?

614 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by Swing Your Saber
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you are a 5* top 10 recruit who has offers from all the top schools, which school would you go? Leave out proximity to your home state, let's look at what the school has to offer and ability to develop you into an NFL player.

Earlier, it was Alabama. You were coached by the GOAT Saban, very likely to win a Natty in your 3-4 years, and highly likely to get drafted high. Maybe even win some awards if you were really good.

Now, I can't think of any school. Texas? No. Georgia, maybe but not in Alabama's (under Saban) class.
It seems like the pecking order has been flattened a lot more than earlier.
Bill Superman
AG
$$$
ccolley68
AG
Bill Superman said:

$$$

This and nothing else. Sadly
TX_Aggie37
AG
What position do I play?
Randy Rhodes
TX_Aggie37 said:

What position do I play?

Doggy
90ags
Don't be fooled...Saban paid a lot $$ under the table at MSU, LSU and Bama. Yes, he demanded perfection, his way and could get in a players face w/o repurcussions (as they couldn't "leave"), but most of the time he had top talent depth (statistically 2-3 deep esp at LSU and Bama).

Today is money and development perception (and do think 'being on TV' for a bit of me, myself and I syndrome).

______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Nelson Wilbury
AG
infinity ag said:

If you are a 5* top 10 recruit who has offers from all the top schools, which school would you go? Leave out proximity to your home state, let's look at what the school has to offer and ability to develop you into an NFL player.

Earlier, it was Alabama. You were coached by the GOAT Saban, very likely to win a Natty in your 3-4 years, and highly likely to get drafted high. Maybe even win some awards if you were really good.

Now, I can't think of any school. Texas? No. Georgia, maybe but not in Alabama's (under Saban) class.
It seems like the pecking order has been flattened a lot more than earlier.
Not all kids are the same. Some want player development and an NFL career, some want NIL, some want championships, some count on building relationships with coaches and other players, and some may even want a quality education...
dcg4403
AG
Love the $$$ answers. Legit for a lot of the 5 stars but certainly not them all.

This is where Jimbo Fisher and Tom Herman screwed themselves. Going after exclusively the highest ranked players with little consideration to them as a human being.

Back to your question. Where would I go?

Hate to say it but Texas and Sarkisian would be a heavy consideration (maroon goggles removed). I really, really like Sarkisian as a coach and leader. Just stinks he is doing in Austin.

Kirby at Georgia would be high but I wouldn't want to go to a 3-4 deep school at every position.

Kiffen would be a consideration, too.

Certainly not OSU, USC, Michigan, FSU, Penn St, Clemson, Oregon, and many others.

Absolutely not PrimeTime!!!

Frankly, I dont like any particular coach and program right now. Sark is probably my favorite based on his interviews and player feedback. Be interesting to see where Bama goes.

Tough one. Wish I could say Elko and Aggies. Ask me again next year....
greg.w.h
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

What position do I play?
Tell me how I start game 1.
Swing Your Saber
$$$ there are a million and one factors that go into the decision & everyone is different, but it almost always comes down to money.

NFL statisticians broke it down & despite what people said, where they were from, desire to win championships, almost every player always went to whoever paid them the most. Same for NBA. MLB was not discussed.

Money is not the deciding factor 100% of the time for 100% of the players, but for a super majority it is. I would guess CFB in the NIL era is the same.

To answer the question: depends on what position I play, but in general (if Ags are out): Georgia.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.