United Basic Economy question

711 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by aggiebrad94
aggiebrad94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a flight back to Houston on Saturday evening on a basic economy. I'd like to move my flight up to an earlier one so I can watch all of the Florida game. I can't do it online but I was wondering if I would be able to get on an earlier one without a charge if I tried standby at the airport. Anyone know?
Anastasia Beaverhaven
Call United helpdesk and see if they can help or offer any advice. They are usually pretty good at helping.
aggiebrad94
AG
I planned to do that the day of. Thankfully, I'm flying out of Mobile and can drive 10 minutes to airport if I need to.

It also looks like the tropical storm may cancel my Thursday flight so the whole point may be moot.
Fins Up!
AG
I think if you booked basic economy they don't let your move your flight.
JMac03
AG
Basic Economy cannot make any changes. The website says if you cancel, you get a partial credit, but it doesn't say what that amount does.

It does state you can possibly fly standby on the same date but I woudl verify that with United.

aggiebrad94
AG
I nutted up and upgraded to Economy so that I could bring a carry-on with me. Rain is in the forecast and I figured I better have a change of shoes and one more change of clothes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.