Route to College Station from KC in a Motorcoach for the Mizzou Game...

357 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by twk
Mosnowman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If anyone could weigh in on this I would appreciate it. I will be traveling to College Station to watch the Aggies take on my Mizzou Tigers. I will be traveling in a RV Motorcoach so I am looking for a less traveled decent route to College Station. I have driven through Dallas with it, but prefer to avoid that area due to my size. Here is what I am thinking....please hit me with your honest opinions! Thank you!

From Mcalester Ok (or Durant Tx)...haven't decided first night stay yet. Probably Mcalester area, so this is what I am thinking....

Indian Nation Turnpike to Hugo
At Hugo take 271 to Paris
At Paris take 19 to Crockett
At Crockett take 21 in to College Station

Is this route crazy? Keep in mind I'm in a Motorhome so more interested in less traffic and decent roads. No hurry at all. Also if I go on to Durant is there a better route? Any assistance would be appreciated!!!

Thoughts?
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mosnowman said:

If anyone could weigh in on this I would appreciate it. I will be traveling to College Station to watch the Aggies take on my Mizzou Tigers. I will be traveling in a RV Motorcoach so I am looking for a less traveled decent route to College Station. I have driven through Dallas with it, but prefer to avoid that area due to my size. Here is what I am thinking....please hit me with your honest opinions! Thank you!

From Mcalester Ok (or Durant Tx)...haven't decided first night stay yet. Probably Mcalester area, so this is what I am thinking....

Indian Nation Turnpike to Hugo
At Hugo take 271 to Paris
At Paris take 19 to Crockett
At Crockett take 21 in to College Station

Is this route crazy? Keep in mind I'm in a Motorhome so more interested in less traffic and decent roads. No hurry at all. Also if I go on to Durant is there a better route? Any assistance would be appreciated!!!

Thoughts?
Not crazy at all. But, I don't know that you have to go as far East as Crockett if your goal is simply to stay off the interstate. Do as suggested, and take Highway 19 south from Paris, but, once you get to Palestine, I think I would take US 79 to Jewett, then follow FM 39 to North Zulch, where you pick up Highway 21 to go to Bryan.

Although that road from Jewett to North Zulch is a farm to market road, it is along the railroad right of way, so it is straight and has very little grade change. There was some construction along that road when I drove it last February, but I would hope that is done by now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.