Oktoberfest Munich (One night only)

229 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by canoeman
BMach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am traveling in Germany next week for work. Last meeting is over late morning on Wednesday and don't fly out till Thursday morning. Any tips to see anything Oktoberfest related in Munich on Wednesday evening?
AggieOO
I've only been once, so i'm sure someone will come along with better advice, but...

you can still have a good time, but you likely won't be getting into any tents (especially sans reservation) showing up later in the day. There are still biergartens and such you can enjoy...and plenty of carnival rides. Drunk bumper cars might be one of the greatest things ever. Definitely wear lederhosen. If you don't, you'll be one of the few.
aggiedata
AG
Get over there as soon as you can and try to get a table from lunch crowd leaving a big tent. I ate a raw radish from a group of farmers to get their table. You can't order beer inside the big tents without a seat at a table.

Plenty to do outside the tents.
canoeman
Being a weekday just walk into a tent and look for a table that is not full and ask if you can join them. We went last year and 2 of us could normally find a group we could stand with. There is no sitting in the evening everyone is standing on the benches singing and toasting. Weekends are much busier and harder to find tables that aren't full. PROST!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.