Red Raiders want to help out TCU...

2,041 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiejim70
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...but the Horned Frogs are being mighty testy about it:
Kirby Hocutt and TCU AD trade jabs on social media over TCU ticket policy (wreckemred.com)

Quote:

What's funny for Tech fans is that everyone knows that TCU often struggles to fill up its own stadium. Despite needing only 46,000 fans to fill Amon G. Carter Stadium and living in a metro area of some seven million people, TCU often plays in front of large swaths of empty seats.

Therefore, the Frogs' plan to try to keep Red Raiders out of the stadium this fall likely won't work. This policy was in place when Tech played in Fort Worth in football in 2022 and there was a significant chunk of red in the stadium that day.
UTExan
I imagine TCU, Baylor and SMU often struggle to fill their stadiums and are embarrassed by huge visitor turnouts. That's why those big tarps were invented.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Texas velvet maestro
Big 12-0 said:

Kirby Hocutt and TCU AD trade jabs on social media over TCU ticket policy (wreckemred.com)

Quote:

What's funny for Tech fans is that everyone knows that TCU often struggles to fill up its own stadium. Despite needing only 46,000 fans to fill Amon G. Carter Stadium and living in a metro area of some seven million people, TCU often plays in front of large swaths of empty seats.

Therefore, the Frogs' plan to try to keep Red Raiders out of the stadium this fall likely won't work. This policy was in place when Tech played in Fort Worth in football in 2022 and there was a significant chunk of red in the stadium that day.

a beautiful little gem of a stadium. much better than smu's ford. they've had attendance issues for decades. I'd drop my kids off, end of first quarter, they'd go right in free of charge. they'd roam around for 2 hours. a great babysitter in a nice neighborhood.
Big 12-0
Texas velvet maestro said:

Big 12-0 said:

Quote:

a beautiful little gem of a stadium. much better than smu's ford. they've had attendance issues for decades. I'd drop my kids off, end of first quarter, they'd go right in free of charge. they'd roam around for 2 hours. a great babysitter in a nice neighborhood.

I like TCU's stadium, as well. Watching a game on tv, I thought the stadium was near an interstate, but it was nice to see a pleasant neighborhood around it.

And your story of dropping off your kids at the game reminds me of going to Tech games as a youngster. Before the time where every game was on tv, my dad and I would listen to the first half on the radio, then walk a mile or two (we lived close to campus) during halftime to walk in free to watch the rest of the game. Later, in junior high, me and a few friends would buy $5 grass tickets behind the north goalpost. It was mostly a playground for kids to play and to make fun of the opposing team fans that somehow found themselves there.
Kellso
Big 12-0 said:

Quote:

One of the issues that Texas Tech has always had with TCU is the 2014 BIGXII Championship.

Texas Tech has still never won the BIGXII in football despite being an inaugural member of the conference while TCU won the conference title in its 3rd year in the Conference.

Texas Tech never played in the BIGXII championship game.
Big 12-0
Kellso said:

One of the issues that Texas Tech has always had with TCU is the 2014 BIGXII Championship.

Texas Tech has still never won the BIGXII in football despite being an inaugural member of the conference while TCU won the conference title in its 3rd year in the Conference.

Texas Tech never played in the BIGXII championship game.

Now why did you have to bring that up?
Biz Ag
AG
Newsflash: Georgia Tech has been doing this to UGA for years.

aggiejim70
AG
Don't bash Georgia Tech. Any school that talks about drinking clear whiskey in it's fight song has to have something going for them.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.