Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Home Security System Plans (Other Than Brinks)

904 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Aggie19Eighty
Aggie19Eighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We currently have a home security system using 3 wall monitors with Brinks. The doors and windows were hard wired during the construction of our house back in 2013. We switched over a couple of years ago from ADT, which had gotten more and more expensive. Well, two of our wall monitors are now essentially non-operable (one where the screen is blank, the other constantly won't connect to wifi) . We called Brinks for replacement monitor(s) and found out these units could not no longer be purchased with a one/time payment, but required a monthly subscription that is ridiculously expensive. Anyone in the community have any advice on better options with different companies? We are currently paying $42 a month with Brinks. Thanks.
Whoop Delecto
AG
My in-laws found https://smiththompson.com/ to be much cheaper than Brinks
highpriorityag
I pay $14.99 a month for brinks
(after my 3 year contract expired)
JSKolache
AG
Smith Thompson has dirt cheap monitoring
Aggie19Eighty
Aggie19Eighty
AG
Thanks for all the responses.
Dill-Ag13
AG
We use ring home security and bundle it with the ring front door camera. Moved from smith Thompson. Been happy with it
KDubAg
AG
Used smith Thompson in the past. Can't go wrong with them. We currently use SimpliSafe. Easy DIY setup, all wireless and monitoring too.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
+1 for smith Thompson. We set our alarm off accidentally about once a month. They are prompt and reliable with monitoring phone call.
Aggie19Eighty
Aggie19Eighty
AG
Thanks KDub and Killin
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.