pest control

1,176 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Aquin
poolct00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Morning!

Any recs for pest control companies? This is for our office, which is an old house.....
Carpenter ants

TIA

13 - 0
ABC Pest Control. Aggie Owned.
BiggiesLX
Henry Segovia with Freedom pest control. From San Antonio who runs his own gig and won't upsell or BS you. A lot of companies wont even quote you until they get your zip code and also try to get you on the hook with a service contract.

210- 8 eight 3- forty one hundred
poolct00
AG
Gracias yall!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
We've used Aardvark for forever. Always competitive, haven't gone up in rates too much and always happy with the techs that come out.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
USAFAg
AG
13 - 0 said:

ABC Pest Control. Aggie Owned.

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Aquin
AG
Being Aggie owned doesn't mean their service will be acceptable.

I had the same pest control company for seven years. I always had the same tech. They treated the house quarterly and we never had a pest problem. Unfortunately the company was sold. They fired everyone and the service went to hell.

Whenever I can I try to use an Aggie owned company. I am glad ABC has been good for you guys. I just fired them.

They sent out a rep to measure the house and determine what we needed. I was told that they service their customers every two months not three. I told them I wanted the same tech each time. Since they control the scheduling this didn't appear to be a problem.

We quickly noticed more bugs and by no small amount. But we figured we needed to give them a chance. They scheduled the next service date and requested that we block off a five hour period. That seemed a little long but we waited. They never showed. Apparently someone moved our time and date but did not tell us. So it was rescheduled to another five hour window.

The usual tech showed and we went over our issues and he said that he would return in two months.

Today we were scheduled again for our third visit and our pest issues have gotten worse. Their treatment is not working. About three hours into our five hour window I called for their ETA. I learned that while our usual tech was working, he would not be available for us today.

I called the rep that first called on us. He said that they "try" to send the same rep but could not guarantee it. Well that is exactly what he did when he told me that I would get the same tech. He reminded me that they had thousands of customers. I suggested that perhaps they were just too big for us. On two occasions I asked to speak to a manager. They have one of those aggravating call centers that are useless. I have never gotten to speak to a manager.

There treatment doesn't work for us even at every other month. Expecting a customer to freeze five hours for what is usually a 30 minute visit is nothing short of arrogant. It maybe Aggie owned but this Aggie is going elsewhere.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.