Herbert's Texmex - New Braunfels - A Karen get put in place.

1,919 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Hullabaque
Leggo My Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a Texmex restaurant in New Braunfels called Herbert's, they also have the original location in San Marcos. For my point of view, they are about as good as cheesy greasy Texmex gets. Locally owned and operated, great chips and salsa, outstanding enchiladas and fajitas, great atmosphere and it's not overpriced. If your entertaining someone from some other part of the country and want to show them a classic Texmex place, take them to Herbert's.

They had some lady leave them a bad comment in a large New Braunfels Facebook group. Well they responded and brought receipts. This is some of the best clapping back by a business that I have seen and it's funny too.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/tNEoeDcR3NiTbeHx/
Cromagnum
AG
Ownt
agdoc2001
AG
That's awesome, trash like that woman is just about everything wrong with the world.

BUT………you are overselling Herbert's a bit. It's ok Texmex. Best thing about it is the playground to occupy the kids while you sip margaritas on the deck.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
100% agree
Whitetail
AG
Anyone want to screen cap the post? I don't have Facebook
Rattler12
Looks like Karen #1 started a pizzin match and Karen #2 finished it.
USAFAg
AG
Dont need a facebook account to view. I dont have one either but was able to see it

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Four Seasons Landscaping
Are you talking about the place just South of the high school?

It sounds like it but you're describing completely different food than the place I'm thinking of.
Hullabaque
AG
Been going to the location in San Marcos since I was probably 5 yrs old (that was 45 years ago). They have the best cheese enchiladas you'll ever find.
jrichgent
AG
agdoc2001 said:

That's awesome, trash like that woman is just about everything wrong with the world.

BUT………you are overselling Herbert's a bit. It's ok Texmex. Best thing about it is the playground to occupy the kids while you sip margaritas on the deck.
100% agree here, we go for the playground and the margs/ranch waters.
God Bless the Texas Aggies.
Agswinning
This story is gold
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Hullabaque said:

Been going to the location in San Marcos since I was probably 5 yrs old (that was 45 years ago). They have the best cheese enchiladas you'll ever find.

My understanding (having not been to the one in San Marcos) is that the food there is quite a step up from the one in NB. Not sure if true or not, but have heard great things about the one in San Marcos, while everyone shares the opinion echoed here about the one here in NB - fun environment, meh food.
Hullabaque
AG
This is what I've experienced. The food in NB is decent, but not to the level of the San Marcos location.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.