Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

oatmeal cake?

967 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Mark Fairchild
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone had this before? I had never even heard of such a thing until recently and it piqued my interest so I went digging. Evidently it's a fairly old-school dessert. I looked online for recipes and came across one I decided to try and it was a big hit in our house. Tastes exactly like you'd think, it's a cross between cake and an oatmeal cookie. It was easy to make, no big fuss, will definitely make again. If you get the topping right it basically turns into candied coconut and pecans.

https://preppykitchen.com/oatmeal-cake/
Mark Fairchild
AG
Max: Thanks, gotta give that a try, looks great!!!!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Max Power
AG
Even my kid who claims to not like coconut said it was the best cake ever. I don't know that I'd go there quite yet but it was really tasty. I had to stop my wife from removing the topping from neighboring pieces.

On a side note we didn't have any vanilla ice cream in the house so we ate it with Blue Bell Oatmeal Cream Pie ice cream and while it may have been gilding the lily, it was great.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Max: Got all the stuff at HEB today, will make tomorrow, however, gotta be Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla!!!!
Beckdiesel03
AG
My mom made this for us growing up all the time. I don't think hers has coconut in it though. I need to make it for my kids again soon because it's been awhile.
BurnetAggie99
Grandma makes this cake. It's always a hit around the holidays. Another old school cake she makes is Old Fashioned Molasses Cake. It's also delicious
rilloaggie
AG
Showed the wife this recipe yesterday and she whipped it up. Great little no fuss cake. Even my picky toddlers chowed down on it.
cypress-ag
AG
Mom used to make a similar cake, but it was a bundt cake. I've been going back to my childhood memories lately and been cooking things I had a child and it's been a hit at home.
eric76
AG
Max Power said:

Anyone had this before? I had never even heard of such a thing until recently and it piqued my interest so I went digging. Evidently it's a fairly old-school dessert. I looked online for recipes and came across one I decided to try and it was a big hit in our house. Tastes exactly like you'd think, it's a cross between cake and an oatmeal cookie. It was easy to make, no big fuss, will definitely make again. If you get the topping right it basically turns into candied coconut and pecans.

https://preppykitchen.com/oatmeal-cake/
There is also baked oatmeal. I think that it has become something like a fad recently.

ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
Mark Fairchild
AG
Max Power: Sorry, made it, not a fan!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.