Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Drumsticks

988 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Ric Flair
BigNastyNate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I smoke, BBQ, and grill all the time and my family devours it all.

Drumsticks always seem to be left on the platter.

I brine em, I bbq em, I smoke em….my teenager is begging me to fry em which I don't wanna do cuz I'm lazy and don't want to mess with the clean up.

I have a 24 pack I need to cook this weekend… any go to recipes from the board that's popular amongst the crowds?

drred4
My daughter and I love them. They have a handle to hold them. I brine with a bit of bbq season I am using. I mix voodoo, grub rub, maybe some lemon pepper. Try some different seasons on several and see which ones yall prefer. I do this all the time to see what each of us likes better.
bmc13
AG
use some buffalo sauce on some.
jt2hunt
AG
Air fryer
Jetty
AG
Nope…. Not a fan.
B-1 83
AG
BBQ them and freeze some back. BBQ chicken freezes just fine.

I've also been known to eat a cold bbq chicken leg for breakfast like fried chicken.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Max Power
AG
My favorite poultry rub is Cluckalicious from El Chupacabra. I used to stick with fiesta's chicken rub but not anymore. Give that one a shot next time. Every time I roast a chicken it takes a lot of discipline to not just eat the skin from the whole bird before we sit down to eat.
big ben
AG
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/616283/1#discussion
Mayor West
AG
Filipino adobo or sinigang
MAROON
AG
People don't like drumsticks!?!

Learn something new every day. I've never been a fried chicken dinner where the drumsticks weren't the first thing to go.
agcrock2005
AG
I'm late to the thread, but if you make chicken lollipops with them I promise you there won't be any left. Not these easiest thing to prep, but they're really tasty. Plenty of videos on YouTube. I use my normal chicken rub and smoke until they start getting a little color then glaze them and let the glaze set. Here's one video that shows the technique. I don't use these rubs or seasonings though so can't tell you if they're any good.

Ric Flair
Definitely air fryer. Season with whatever you like, and air fry until crispy. I probably overcook them, but I like them really crispy.

You could toss them in some buffalo sauce, or other flavor sauce, after cooking. We cook wings in the air fryer all the time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.