Olsen Reno Plans are 'Pushing Forward'

3,050 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by 12th Man Ag
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M's Blue Bell Park $80 million renovation plans are 'pushing forward' under new coach / Brent Z

Key Points:
  • On Track / Accelerated
  • 360 Degree Concourse
  • "be more up than back" due to lack of space in OF
  • No Timetable Specified "idea was to start renovations in about a year or a little longer and complete them over the course of a couple of years, in whatever manner to get the most for the $80 million."
  • Likely Capacity 10K plus Few Thousand SRO

• dabo man
    AG
    Nothing about the lazy river?!?
    greg.w.h
    AG
    dabo man said:

Only the meme is lazy…if the river has to go up isn't it a log ride then???
    Farmer1906
    AG
    Has anyone seen any of these super secret plans?
    hunter2012
    AG
    greg.w.h said:

dabo man said:

I'm just saying, having some diamond darlings in an outfield hot tub wouldn't hurt recruiting...
    greg.w.h
    AG
    hunter2012 said:

greg.w.h said:

dabo man said:

I'm just saying, having some diamond darlings in an outfield hot tub wouldn't hurt recruiting...
    I think the DDs are all business.
    tjack16
    AG
    Will I be able to buy season tickets without having to wait on a waiting list for 5+ years?
    BQ_90
    AG
    tjack16 said:

Will I be able to buy season tickets without having to wait on a waiting list for 5+ years?

Have you been donating and earning priority points? If not then no
    12th Man Ag
    AG
    BQ_90 said:

tjack16 said:

Yup. An increase to 10,000 will still leave a lot of folks that want seats on the outside looking in. I guess it is a good thing to have demand still exist, but I can say that since I have season tickets. I really think we need to expand to 12,000, but I realize that would leave a lot of empty seats for non-SEC or even mid-SEC games. But, it generates $$$ for the athletic program.
    PLUM LOCO
    AG
    The Log Ride is still one of the best rides ever.
    tjack16
    AG
    BQ_90 said:

tjack16 said:

Yes and yes
    twk
    AG
    12th Man Ag said:

BQ_90 said:

tjack16 said:

Yup. An increase to 10,000 will still leave a lot of folks that want seats on the outside looking in. I guess it is a good thing to have demand still exist, but I can say that since I have season tickets. I really think we need to expand to 12,000, but I realize that would leave a lot of empty seats for non-SEC or even mid-SEC games. But, it generates $$$ for the athletic program.
    We sell less than 3,000 season tickets as things stand right now. We have to hold back some for comps, and we also hold something like 800 or so for GA in the grandstand, and about 1500 for berm seating. I would think that doubling the amount of season tickets would soak up all, or almost all, season ticket demand. Then, we'd have about 4000 seats for comps and GA.
    greg.w.h
    AG
    I'm fairly confident the only reasons the waiting list would not clear is dissatisfaction with either seating choices or price…our fan base prefers cheap or feels imposed on to by buying midweek tickets that they know they won't use. But a backlog of people who choose not to work their priority points to get seats they want is a good thing not a bad thing.

But let me suggest that if we put 10k butts in seats for weekend series and half that for midweek Olsen will rock harder than ever.

twk
    AG
    greg.w.h said:

I'm fairly confident the only reasons the waiting list would not clear is dissatisfaction with either seating choices or price…our fan base prefers cheap or feels imposed on to by buying midweek tickets that they know they won't use. But a backlog of people who choose not to work their priority points to get seats they want is a good thing not a bad thing.

But let me suggest that if we put 10k butts in seats for weekend series and half that for midweek Olsen will rock harder than ever.

Yes, 10k on the weekends is achievable. I'm assuming that we are not going to sell outfield bleacher seating as season tickets. Maybe folks would buy that, but I'm skeptical.
    12th Man Ag
    AG
    I guess I over estimated our number of season ticket holders. I was thinking at least 5000 of the 6500 were season tickets.

So, you're most likely spot on. I can't imagine there are more than 5000 tickets wanted by people on the wait list.
    greg.w.h
    AG
    Knothole seats like the rec center plaza should always be available. But I would price that for walk up purchases based on demand for specific series.

Letting the coach and team give them away to elementary schools for low demand games is very much marketing. Paired for student and parent.

During the early season especially.
    DDowl44
    AG
    I kind of wanted them to go the old Tiger Stadium box design around the Stadium. What movie is it that has the train tracks that run through the stadium? We could incorporate that design
    ----------------------------------------------------
    I cannot fiddle but I can build a great state from a small city
    -Thermistocles

Titan 20 '09, EMPSA '20

OEF VET 2011-12, 13-14
    12th Man Ag
    AG
    Brewster's Millions?
    greg.w.h
    AG
    Side track that you board at old college station and roll in to watch the game and go back to leave in your car?
    AgE Doc
    AG
    twk said:

12th Man Ag said:

BQ_90 said:

tjack16 said:

We sell less than 3,000 season tickets as things stand right now. We have to hold back some for comps, and we also hold something like 800 or so for GA in the grandstand, and about 1500 for berm seating. I would think that doubling the amount of season tickets would soak up all, or almost all, season ticket demand. Then, we'd have about 4000 seats for comps and GA.
    Do we think more students would come if there was more/better actual seating than what currently exists for them? I would think the current seating situation for them which creates the need to arrive 1+ hours before first pitch to get a decent seat is a significant deterrent for the 60,000 undergraduates in College Station. I would think you could triple the student attendance if seating options for them were more reasonable down that right field line.
    greg.w.h
    AG
    AgE Doc said:

twk said:

12th Man Ag said:

BQ_90 said:

tjack16 said:

Do we think more students would come if there was more/better actual seating than what currently exists for them? I would think the current seating situation for them which creates the need to arrive 1+ hours before first pitch to get a decent seat is a significant deterrent for the 60,000 undergraduates in College Station. I would think you could triple the student attendance if seating options for them were more reasonable down that right field line.
    I think the build out needs to generate more income and your suggestion doesn't align with the open seating the TMF prefers for non-football. The outfield 12th Man section on the other hand is sufficient for students who can't arrive early, If enough show up that a change makes sense then it will get addressed.
    BoerneGator
    AG
    Quote:

Indeed, this needs to be a priority, and hopefully it is!
    Farmer1906
    AG
    We already offer the best and largest section of seats for students in the country.
    twk
    AG
    AgE Doc said:

twk said:

12th Man Ag said:

BQ_90 said:

tjack16 said:

Just from what I've read, I think the berms are gong to be replaced, and most of the new season tickets will be on the 3rd base side. Those seats down the first base side will be brutal in May and June, so my guess is that they will be GA seats rather than season tickets.
    Farmer1906
    AG
    Farmer1906 said:

We already offer the best and largest section of seats for students in the country.
    Look where Lsu puts their students

Arkansas looks to just stick students in the OF without seats.

Same with Ole Miss
    DDowl44
    AG
    Section 203 won't change. I bet Section 12 will remain student but I do wonder if we can get more seats in that RF area to increase their numbers.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    I cannot fiddle but I can build a great state from a small city
    -Thermistocles

Titan 20 '09, EMPSA '20

OEF VET 2011-12, 13-14
    AgE Doc
    AG
    I would think the more you grow the student fanbase now the more you ultimately grow the former student fanbase which will fund future NIL and improvements. I wouldn't want to use those other schools as the bar to clear, I'd like to make Olsen so far out in front of them that it isn't even close.

I think it is a balance of course, but I think quite a bit more of the 1st Base/Right Field foul line seating that catches much more sun could be expanded to seat quite a few more students (In addition to any outfield berms) where as the 3rd Base/Left Field foul line seating that is in the shade more quickly would hopefully be expanded down to foul pole to significantly increase the season ticket seating available.
    Farmer1906
    AG
    DDowl44 said:

Section 203 won't change. I bet Section 12 will remain student but I do wonder if we can get more seats in that RF area to increase their numbers.
    For sure. You won't get to 10K+ without a large GA section.
    tjack16
    AG
    If they just put better bathrooms, more seating, and concessions out in the outfield… That would make for a pretty great game day experience for pretty much anybody. The view out there is really good and the atmosphere is fun. The only drawback now is there's hardly any concessions and porta potties aren't ideal.

I'd consider getting season tickets in the outfield if they had all that stuff and it was decent. Would be pretty affordable for most.

I'd say make the left field outfield reserved, and then right field as GA/spill over students given that's where the opponents bullpen is.
    Chrundle the Great
    AG
    twk said:

greg.w.h said:

Yes, 10k on the weekends is achievable. I'm assuming that we are not going to sell outfield bleacher seating as season tickets. Maybe folks would buy that, but I'm skeptical.

If I've got just enough priority points for outfield seating season ticket, then I'm buying outfield seating. I just want to get in, and know I've got a seat for the tournament.

Maybe I'd not sit there on a Tuesday and still opt for a $15 baseline view, but sec games I'd just be happy to be there.
    StinkyPinky
    AG
    greg.w.h said:

hunter2012 said:

greg.w.h said:

dabo man said:

So disappointing. They need to live a little....
    12th Man Ag
    AG
    StinkyPinky said:

greg.w.h said:

hunter2012 said:

greg.w.h said:

dabo man said:

So disappointing. They need to live a little....

Then they will cease to be DD's!
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.