****The Strain Season 2****

20,177 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Aggie Dad 26
Morpholino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good to see Marlo Stanfield still in the game and back for S2.
PooDoo
AG
Old pawn clerks use Marlo & billionaires use Cardinals...
zap
AG
So, they killed off a lead commando assassin, only to bring in another lead commando assassin?

This one has a bone sword, so he's got that going for him.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Bone sword...
PooDoo
AG
The guy playing the Nazi does such a good job in that role.
Ol Jock 99
AG
This season has been excellent, kid not withstanding (although he was ok tonight). Was a bit surprised that black dude got capped so quickly, but he did lay the Palmer empire out for them.
IJones23
I agree! This season has been great so far.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The guy playing the Nazi does such a good job in that role.
You mean this guy?

I think he may have had a little practice.

As for the episode, wow did a lot happen. Eichorst got trolled by the master.
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
Really good episode. Lots happened. Man, I knew the moment the black dude got bit, he was gone. Setrakian's right there with his sword......ya, unfortunately, he wasn't leaving that church with his head still on his shoulders.

I knew the Master wouldn't choose Eichorst. He needs a good right hand man. Bolivar wasn't doing much. Take his body. Boom, better body and still got the right hand.

Whoever this new dude is with the bone saw, looking forward to him busting some heads.

Counterpoint
AG
I have a weird philosophical question about the "elevated" vamps.

Is Kelly "Kelly"? She obviously has her memories and stuff, but is she herself, or controlled by the master with Kelly's memories? Compared to Eichhorst, who seems like a regular guy who just happens to be a vampire. Are there different levels of elevation?

IJones23
quote:

Is Kelly "Kelly"? She obviously has her memories and stuff, but is she herself, or controlled by the master with Kelly's memories? Compared to Eichhorst, who seems like a regular guy who just happens to be a vampire. Are there different levels of elevation?

I think Kelly is at the bottom of the elevated Vamp food chain.
Muy
AG
and who taught him that if you bite and bury a bunch of blind kids they will turn into the most badass creatures of all.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

I think Kelly is at the bottom of the elevated Vamp food chain.
This is pretty much what I get as well. She didn't really speak so much as she grunted and growled IIRC. Eichorst and Bolivar seem to be on a separate level from Kelly, yet Bolivar noticeably mentioned that the Master still speaks/sees through him IIRC prior to the end of last night's episode. Personally, after Bolivar's transformation last season, I was a little disappointed we haven't seen more of him in service to The Master.

Eichorst though seemed to have been serving The Master willingly prior to becoming a vampire, and I think that is why The Master holds him in such regard as a trusted right hand man.
zap
AG
I really hope Eph gets back to NYC soon. He wasn't cut out for the spy game. They need to continue working with that council woman and come up with a grass roots way to spread the anti-virus.
jabberwalkie09
AG

We all know that actress that plays Nora is kinda meh and the kid is annoying, but I think we all also know that Vasiliy is just awesome.
Phat32
AG
Vasiliy
Morpholino
AG
Idk, Nora is hot, especially with her accent.
zap
AG
quote:
Idk, Nora is hot, especially with her accent.
Her blouse is usually quite snug as well.
Counterpoint
AG
Quinlan's a badass, and Fet normally is as well, but I didn't understand the blowing up the building part at all. He was so determined to blow it up, but he only blew up a tiny part of it...and that part was the exact spot where the master was standing? And the master escapes and the rest of the building is fine? And then Fet walks up there to assess the (non) damage? Very strange.

Love the show though.
IJones23
I agree. I thought it was a little weird that he just happened to blow up the spot where the master was standing. Other than that, great episode.
zap
AG
Coco and Eldritch = GROSS

I hope Nikki is some kind of plant, because just bringing her back to set up some silly love triangle is silly.
98Ag99Grad
AG
So is this new vamp the masters son? The episode was titled The Born and in the showdown between the two the master mentioned something about the new guys mother.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That's the impression i got.
zap
AG
I think the Master violated Quinlan's mother...
Ol Jock 99
AG
The bombing was silly and Nikki is too frumpy. Otherwise, another great episode. Quinlan is a badass.

Who would have thought that season 2 of a vamp show would be FAR better than season 2 of true detective.
mid90
AG
This season has been very good. The Born is a great addition to the plot. Looking forward to his back story.

As someone else mentioned, coco and eldritch is nasty as hell. Hopefully she's honey potting him, and isn't actually into him....
mid90
AG
Vamp mom masquerading as a human is cool/creepy
mid90
AG
That episode was awesome. Besides Palmer/Coco. Still yuck.
IJones23
Solid episode. The kid that plays Zack has to be Kristen Stewart's brother.
chase128
AG
I couldn't hear who the cardinal said had the book. Who was it?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
That episode was awesome. Besides Palmer/Coco. Still yuck.
She found her sugar daddy.

Episode was pretty awesome. Setrakian had a pretty great line to Vasiliy. Enjoyed the opening between Eph and Vasiliy as well.
mid90
AG
Why is the master so interested in turning Zack? Is it purely to get at Eph? Or does want him for some other reason?
IJones23
quote:
I couldn't hear who the cardinal said had the book. Who was it?
From an earlier episode. It's the kid with the burnt off ear.
zap
AG
quote:
Why is the master so interested in turning Zack? Is it purely to get at Eph?
I think so. The Master enjoys the cruelty and suffering.
chase128
AG
quote:
quote:
Why is the master so interested in turning Zack? Is it purely to get at Eph?
I think so. The Master enjoys the cruelty and suffering.
I thought it also had to do with the fact Eph is helping Setrakian.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.