****The Strain Season 2****

20,162 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Aggie Dad 26
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So is Dutch finished or will she luck out and be saved? I'm thinking it's probably time for someone to die. Also, anyone else thinking it's likely that Coco will betray Palmer?
jabberwalkie09
AG
So, here is the promo for next week. May contain some mild spoilers from this week's episode.

combat wombat™
AG
Promo makes it look like he's going to do "everything" to Dutch. He makes her up. Dude's going to have to use a strap-on, no? I'm pretty sure Dutch gets out alive, if damaged.

I think Coco turns on Palmer, as well.
Counterpoint
AG
Several more instances of characters having a chance to kill/vamp someone and failing or not even trying for some reason...
Ol Jock 99
AG
So the plan was for an inexperienced shooter to take a long shot into a crowded environment using a Vietnam era weapon? Perfect.
IJones23
quote:
So the plan was for an inexperienced shooter to take a long shot into a crowded environment using a Vietnam era weapon? Perfect.
Not bad considering. He pulled it a little to the right.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This show hasn't really shown the stomach for taking down any regulars yet, so at this point, I think Dutch definitely has a fighting chance.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
quote:
Not bad considering. He pulled it a little to the right.

And then just look at him laying there through the scope and not try to hit him a couple more times.
combat wombat™
AG
I think he was trying to confirm a kill/hit. Then he saw the blood, and he was up and running. He assumed he'd hit Palmer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Filler episode is filler. Dutch is hot. Don't really care about Eichhorst's backstory. A season of hits can survive a strikeout.
SeattleAgJr
yep. was a big waste of time.
WES2006AG
AG
Not a great episode. Hopefully setting up something special for the last 2 episodes of the season.
Rex Racer
AG
I actually enjoyed Eickhorst's backstory, but I have enjoyed all of the backstory that they have shown for each of the long-lived characters, and I'm a history buff.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
I actually enjoyed Eickhorst's backstory, but I have enjoyed all of the backstory that they have shown for each of the long-lived characters, and I'm a history buff.
They skipped the most important part....how he met the master and why the master found him worthy.

Generally agree on the backstories, but this one fell flat to me. No one bats 1.000 tough.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
quote:
They skipped the most important part....how he met the master and why the master found him worthy.

Generally agree on the backstories, but this one fell flat to me. No one bats 1.000 tough.
I'll bet they will show how he met the master in a later episode. They have been slowly revealing the backstory over time.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Filler episode is filler. Dutch is hot. Don't really care about Eichhorst's backstory. A season of hits can survive a strikeout.
Pretty much this. I don't care about his backstory at all prior to the master. What we got between him and Setrakian last season was enough to know what really mattered IMO. What I care about now is how me met The Master.

Other than that, Eichorst is one mean *******. And Dutch is hot. Nothing of consequence really happened in the episode. There's only two episodes left on the season, and they have done a good bit to make the plot move, but please don't stagnate now....
combat wombat™
AG
Where's the annoying kid?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Don't know, don't care.
combat wombat™
AG
I know, right? But he just disappeared.
jabberwalkie09
AG
He's apparently going to be in this next episode, but I'm just wanting him gone.... The kid is annoying as hell.
zap
AG
They implied in season one that the concentration camp is what attracted the Master. He probably liked Eichorst's style and recruited him. IIRC, Eichorst was not turned until after he commissioned the large coffin and the concentration camp had been liberated by the Allies.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm sure that having a vast amount of human blood bags easily accessed had nothing to do with it. That is correct, it showed him being turned after the camp was liberated.
jabberwalkie09
AG
So, my initial impression of last night's episode was that it was kind of a let down. I think the chess game between Eichorst and Palmer is interesting, and Coco seemed pretty OK with everything going on. Palmer seemed shocked that the Master and Ecihorst still has him over a barrel in regards to "the white." I'm hoping that the story line with the Lumen plays out to its resolution, with whoever ends up with it. Looks like the finale, much like last season, will be full of action based on the preview.

Question, I may have to go back and watch it again but did Dutch's girlfriend end up leaving her? I wasn't paying close enough attention I guess.
Counterpoint
AG

quote:
Question, I may have to go back and watch it again but did Dutch's girlfriend end up leaving her?

Yes
combat wombat™
AG
Boring episode.

Dutch, like a moron, dumped Fet for Nikki. Nikki, like the ***** that she is, dumped Dutch.

Idiot cholo gangbanger acts like idiot cholo gangbanger. Shocker.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Boring episode.

Dutch, like a moron, dumped Fet for Nikki. Nikki, like the ***** that she is, dumped Dutch.

Idiot cholo gangbanger acts like idiot cholo gangbanger. Shocker.
The episode in a nutshell.
Phat32
AG
Every episode needs more Eichhorst. Mia Maestro is a horrible actress but very hot.
zap
AG
They took the long way around just to set up the auction on the season finale. Hopefully, the Dutch stuff is over.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Season finale is tonight.
IJones23
It went by fast.
IJones23
Words can't express how much I hate that kid.
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
quote:
The Words can't express how much I hate that kid.
I so wanted her to suck him dry or snap his neck. Man, he's SO annoying.
jabberwalkie09
AG
As a whole, I liked the tension of the auction. Really liked the face off with the Born. And yep, gonna pile on. Hate the kid, he's got to go.
SeattleAgJr
nvm
Counterpoint
AG
How could he just leave Nora there dying and go with the thing that killed her? Even if it used to be his mom.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.