Zach Snyder's Rebel Moon

12,391 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Faustus
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read a story about how ZS actually spent months learning and legit grew all the wheat shown in the movie, and a whole lot of things about why this movie sucked started to fall into place.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The Snyder cut is up on Netflix. Who stayed up last night to watch all five and a half hours as soon as it dropped?
Faustus
Rebel Moon Director's Cut: A Filmmaker's Scar.

If you're Netflix there's no reason not to indulge this. I didn't particularly like the flicks but am partial to the genre and don't mind giving it another shot based on an appeal to our baser tastes and an option to skip ahead.

5 years in and Snyder's deal with Netflix has to be feeling a bit like The Longhorn Network with ESPN for NFLX.
Faustus
Not going to lie, the violence has a gleeful, camp aspect to it which is pretty fun. The scenes don't feel as underbaked either because Snyder allots himself a little longer running time than the first two Godfathers combined for his cut.

It's not great, but marked improvement. YouBet had the right of it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I watched part one last night, and it is better. It has gratuitous nudity in it, which helps cover up some warts. I also feel like he removed some of the slo mo shots, but maybe I've just become inoculated to it.

But I think it's like feeding a bologna and **** sandwich to someone, then just feeding a bologna sandwich to them. I'm just questioning why you fed **** to me in the first place.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Lol that is an awesome analogy
fig96
AG
I started part one like 4 months ago and have yet to be motivated enough to finish it.
cr0wbar
AG
I'm not a huge Synder nerd but started Part 1 Director's cut (3.5 hours) on Friday. Finished the second half of it on Saturday.

Sofia Boutella is hot
Charlie Hunnam showing up made me lol
I'll probably finish this out just to say I did
ABATTBQ11
AG
She's got a serious case of man face
cr0wbar
AG
I know what you mean, but I personally don't think she falls under this scope. Have you come to terms with your homosexuality?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I watched the first episode last night, regular version. Thankfully I had not opened this thread or I probably would have skipped it. I really enjoyed it. Sure, it was short on some plot points and could have used some more character development. I didn't pick up my phone one time in the 2 hours. I will watch the second one pretty soon.

Ole girl is that classic hot/not. I would like to see her naked, but that is a low bar for me. But I don't want to see her naked bad enough to do a google search for that. The Strong Female trope is very strong with her character and is quite boring. Kind of reminiscent of Evangeline Lilly from Lost. Fit and toned, but also a dose of meh mixed in.

I give a pass on the lack of character development because I am figuring they will go deep on each of them in upcoming episodes. If I am wrong, then I will be disappointed.
DrEvazanPhD
cr0wbar said:

I know what you mean, but I personally don't think she falls under this scope. Have you come to terms with your homosexuality?

Um. Ok?
Faustus
***Twilight of the Gods***

Snyder's deal with Netflix continues as his 8 episode adult animated spin on Norse mythology dropped.

86% of the 7 critics who've reviewed it liked it according to RT. Its format and universe (adult animation, Norse mythology) are promising, so hopefully it's fun and violent.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.