*** ALIEN ROMULUS *** (Spoilers)

4,873 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by astros4545
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was there an actual, bone-thin dude in that suit? Was that an animatronic? I still don't know what I'm looking at...

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Clearly there was. Edit to add, I'm actually surprised at this. I've seen the movie twice, and not once did it occur to me that was an actor in a suit. I really thought that was all CGI.

The original Alien was a 7+ foot African who was rail thin,
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AJ02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

His neck is wider than his head. Which you can see with some roided up people. But for a scrawny dude to have a neck wider than his head? Weird.
dreyOO
That was fun. My wife didn't know the originals too well, but she still enjoyed.

First half was definitely better though. Something about the production really had the original set/technology and video quality down. That was super cool.

But it felt like a different movie at the end. Slightly less interesting than Prometheus for me. But same grouping behind the first two movies imo.

Lastly, this is why we go to the movies. The first half was badass with the ships taking off … really intense in the Dolby theaters.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Saw in theatre. Good not great.

Set design, look and feel of it was great.

Sound was great w/ 2001 vibes.

Biggest complaint was that the main characters fell completely flat. Noting interesting about any of them. Casting was bad in that regard.

Main characters were forgettable with the exception of the two synthetics, one of which was AI.

Plot point that the guy had a grudge against synthetics because on locked their dad in a mine was meh.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This was essentially a re-make of Alien.

I see why they cast a bunch of young looking kids.

They wanted to appeal to a new generation not even familiar with Alien and also a younger demo.

This was to appeal to a larger worldwide market.

This also the reason that movies have declined over the years.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.
astros4545
AG
TCTTS said:

Was there an actual, bone-thin dude in that suit? Was that an animatronic? I still don't know what I'm looking at...

&ct=g

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.