"You Gotta Believe"

1,436 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Rudyjax
aggiepanic95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw the trailer for this during the LLWS and thought it would be great for my kids (3 under 10) to see.

Anyone seen it and have any thoughts?

So far it gets terrible reviews (43% on RT, 6.3 out of 10 on IMDB) but typically they get it wrong with viewers being a more reliable source of reviews.
batchuser
aggiepanic95 said:

Saw the trailer for this during the LLWS and thought it would be great for my kids (3 under 10) to see.

So far it gets terrible reviews (43% on RT, 6.3 out of 10 on IMDB) but typically they get it wrong with viewers being a more reliable source of reviews.
There are probably no trans, interracial couples, fat people, or drag queens in the movie. Film criticism is dead. If you want to see it, see it
aggiepanic95
AG
batchuser said:

aggiepanic95 said:

There are probably no trans, interracial couples, fat people, or drag queens in the movie. Film criticism is dead. If you want to see it, see it

Agreed, and probably will. Anymore, it costs close to $100 to go to the movies (tickets + food/drinks), so its nice to get a little feedback before committing to it.
Jackal99
AG
Just got back from seeing this with my wife and son (11) and hopped on here to see if anyone was talking about it. My son saw commercials during the LLWS and was bugging me to see it.

Hard to say too much without spoilers, but I'll try. First, my son loved it. So there's that. My wife and I, not as much as him. It's an inspiring story, but the trailers left out some important stuff. Again, I don't want to give spoilers, but the baseball stuff seems to take a backseat at times.

So, do with that what you will. Your kids will probably love the baseball stuff like mine did. And the bigger stuff may not be as important to them (as in my son's case).

Good movie, just not what my wife and I expected. Happy to give more info via PM if you want, just so it's not out on the board.
gabehcoud
Taking the 8yo. Is 5 too young?
Jackal99
AG
Nah. There's nothing inappropriate in it. It's a very wholesome movie, so no worries there. If they like baseball, they'll love it. It's a great family movie. The sad parts aren't inappropriate at all and if they're like my son, they won't even notice it as much.
gabehcoud
Just got back a bit ago. Good movie. If you watch it without tearing up you have higher T than me. 8yo daughter liked it & I had lots of questions to answer on the way home.
duck79
AG
Just got out. We didn't do any research ahead of time so I fully wasn't expecting the story. I wasn't a big fan of some of the cinematic stuff with the baseball action but overall we thought it was pretty good.

We were all very quiet walking out.
Rudyjax
AG
Trailer makes it look amazing.

This thread is confusing me though.
Jackal99
AG
It's a good movie. The trailers leave out a lot. It's about more than just baseball.
Rudyjax
AG
Is it better than the Bad News Bear? My favorite baseball move.
gabehcoud
Does the unedited version even exist anymore? If so I'd like to rewatch it and see how cringy it is.
Rudyjax
AG
gabehcoud said:

Does the unedited version even exist anymore? If so I'd like to rewatch it and see how cringy it is.

Depends on what you consider cringe.
gabehcoud
I mean I'd laugh but I wouldnt watch that version with my kids.
Rudyjax
AG
gabehcoud said:

I mean I'd laugh but I wouldnt watch that version with my kids.

First movie I remember seeing in the theatre. I was 4.
Rudyjax
AG
I just saw Mike McCready did the score for it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.