***THE OLD MAN (SEASON 2)***

620 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by AJ02
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't see an official thread started yet so hopefully I didn't just overlook it.

Season 2 starts this Friday. I know that I previously felt like Season 1 fizzled out somewhat towards the end, but I just rewatched it all, binging it over 3 nights. This time around I felt like it held together much better than I previously thought. Yeah, the "surprise" wasn't much of a surprise, but all in all its still a very well written show that has me looking forward to a second season. Highly recommend a rewatch before starting season 2.
Canyon99
AG
Ready for season 2.
torrid
AG
Oh man this series.

It started so strong, the pilot being one of the best I think I have ever seen. However, I felt the show had lost much of its mojo by the end of the first season. I previously attributed that to the break in production while Jeff Bridges recovered from cancer.

These first couple of episodes don't have my hopes up. It has lost much of the espionage/thriller aspect that made it so intriguing in the first place. Now it feels more like a soap opera, Afghan Yellowstone if you will.
C@LAg
torrid said:

Oh man this series.

It started so strong, the pilot being one of the best I think I have ever seen. However, I felt the show had lost much of its mojo by the end of the first season. I previously attributed that to the break in production while Jeff Bridges recovered from cancer.

These first couple of episodes don't have my hopes up. It has lost much of the espionage/thriller aspect that made it so intriguing in the first place. Now it feels more like a soap opera, Afghan Yellowstone if you will.
early reviews suggest little improvement.
AJ02
AG
Watched the first two episodes. I'm thoroughly confused who Omar works for. Taliban? Afghan government?

And Emily/Angela is kinda annoying me. Is she now turning sympathetic to an Afghan terrorist within 3 weeks' time?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.