The Grand Tour

805 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Mathguy64
malenurse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just watched the final show. I'm going to miss it. It really holds a big part in my viewing history. No matter what I was going through, I could watch an old Top Gear episode, or a Grand Tour show and I would feel better afterwards.
p_bubel
Seeing the old Lancia and Mercedes from the Botswana trip was really pretty cool.

I wonder if they brought those two back?

I started watching Top Gear in London, then had to download the episodes from Final Gear when I moved back to the US.

The "piracy" of the episodes in the early days is what turned a "plucky British motor show " into a global phenomenon.
DargelSkout
AG
I thought this thread was going to be about George Jones.
Red Five
AG
p_bubel said:

Seeing the old Lancia and Mercedes from the Botswana trip was really pretty cool.

I wonder if they brought those two back?

I started watching Top Gear in London, then had to download the episodes from Final Gear when I moved back to the US.

The "piracy" of the episodes in the early days is what turned a "plucky British motor show " into a global phenomenon.

I don't even remember how I found and started watching Top Gear. I eventually found Final Gear and downloaded all the episodes and watched from episode 1 on. Jeremy's piece on the Reliant Robin is my all time favorite segment. The first time he rolled it I almost choked I was laughing so hard.

The Grand Tour show just never was able to capture the same magic, they made the right call just doing the specials. Carnage-a-trois had me rolling almost as much as the Reliant.

Glad they are able to walk away on their own terms.

Hoping we still get a 4th season of Clarksons Farm though.
JayHowdy!
I too am going to miss this show. I have been a fan for years.

Looks like they are working on season 4 of Clarkson's Farm and are in discussions for Season 5.
I think I like his farm show even more than Top Gear.
Mathguy64
AG
Clarksons Farm started as TG with tractors but he's really turned it into a good show highlighting just how much government in the UK is in the way of agriculture.

He's lucky. He's got enough of his own money plus money from the show to basically still play TG with tractors and not worry about the bottom line of the farm.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.