You can only listen to one band/singer for the rest of your life

2,945 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Geriatric Punk
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie Therapist said:

I have Rush as my second choice. I saw quite a few people have Rush on their list.

What is it about Rush that made you select them?

Besides being one of my favorite bands, they have variety in their sound over a 40 year career.

Their early stuff is markedly different than later albums. They have short songs designed more for radio (Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures kicked off that era) and they have songs earlier in their discography that took up an entire album side.

You could have an album of just instrumentals. They have several.

And they have a lot of live albums that are excellent.

Plus, I've always admired their musicianship and the lyrics.
Philo B 93
I thank you for this question, because if I just got paid and could afford every album by a group, I'm not waiting for the bus all day, I'm putting my cheap sunglasses on and driving to the store to get a band whose catalog is large enough to have the legs to get me through all the stages of my life. I won't double back on my decision, because I want to keep on rocking.

I'm having a hard time picking only one band, though.
maroon barchetta
Philo B 93 said:

I thank you for this question, because if I just got paid and could afford every album by a group, I'm not waiting for the bus all day, I'm putting my cheap sunglasses on and driving to the store to get a band whose catalog is large enough to have the legs to get me through all the stages of my life. I won't double back on my decision, because I want to keep on rocking.

I'm having a hard time picking only one band, though.

If your wife complains about the music, will you eliminator?
Scruffy
AG
First thought was Tool,
But after reflection I'd say NiN/Trent Reznor.

The total catalog of music from rock/industrial to movie score/soothing would allow for variation.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Social Network Soundtrack got me through grad school.

Still use it for concentration
Garrelli 5000
AG
Not my absolute favorite band, but probably Faith No More.

They cover so much ground. Rock, metal, jazz, hip hop, electronic, country, classical. It's all there.

I wish they had a larger catalog, and some of their stuff sucks because Mike Patton loves to be weird for the sake of being weird. I'd still take the bad due to the variety of good, some of which is great.
KidDoc
AG
Speaking of Iron Maiden they just announced their 50th anniversary(!) tour next year. No USA dates yet.

Iron Maiden Announce 'Run For Your Lives' World Tour 2025/26 - Iron Maiden
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Javier The Extraordinaire
AG
Dave Matthews Band
StinkyPinky
AG
Garrelli 5000 said:

Not my absolute favorite band, but probably Faith No More.

They cover so much ground. Rock, metal, jazz, hip hop, electronic, country, classical. It's all there.

I wish they had a larger catalog, and some of their stuff sucks because Mike Patton loves to be weird for the sake of being weird. I'd still take the bad due to the variety of good, some of which is great.
If you want more Mike Patton, Tomahawk is the answer…
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Girly Girl Productions

https://instagr.am/p/C_BrxFpS0U3
watty
AG
John Mayer
AgRyan04
I've made it 30 years on Pearl Jam already, might as well finish thr back half of my life with them too
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cliff.Booth
Smashing Pumpkins for me. Haven't loved a lot of their stuff since coming out of retirement, but the run of albums from Gish-Machina contains more music I love listening to than from any other artist/band.
Greendale 87
AG
Has to be Neil Young. 60 years worth of tunes to wade through (from country to punk to techno to blues to folk - admittedly some of them are crap and Neil is the first to admit that). I seriously enjoy the rockabilly album he did specifically to piss off Geffen Records and get out of his contract.

Crappy Voice - but what a songwriter and musician.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Creed. Only because I should go to hell and that would be a warm up.
Life's an endless party, not a punch card.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.