Carmel Monastery in Arlington gone full schismatic

942 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by Scotty88
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.carmelnuns.com/

Quote:

For the past several years we have experienced much joy and spiritual renewal in the re-discovery of the riches of the immemorial liturgical tradition of the Church.

In our desire to grow in holiness and an ever deeper fidelity to our Discalced Carmelite charism, and as an appropriate means to better serve Our Holy Mother the Church, in August, following the unanimous decision of the Chapter of the Monastery, and with the agreement of the whole community, we completed the final steps necessary for our Monastery to be associated with the Society of Saint Pius X, who will henceforth assure our ongoing sacramental life and governance. We are profoundly grateful to the Very Reverend Father Superior General and to his delegates here in the USA for their paternal understanding and welcome.

Of course, a Catholic cannot just up and say "we don't like our bishop so we're going over here". You CAN choose to just leave the Church, which it appears they have.

Of course, Bishop Olson cannot let this go by with no comment.

Such a shame as I enjoyed daily mass at this Monastery. Now, no more. Whatever "Mass" is being said here will not be by a priest with faculties in this diocese. Too bad.

Such a shame these nuns and their supporters have chosen to leave the Catholic Church. I pray for their souls.
jrico2727
AG
The SSPX is not schismatic and is in full communion with Rome.
fc2112
No it isn't.

EDIT: To clarify, I had dinner with Cardinal DiNardo a few months back and asked him this very question. He answered with a definitive "yes".

I also had breakfast few weeks ago with Bishop Seitz of El Paso. I've been a friend of his for over 30 years. He too confirmed that the SSPX is schismatic.

I will take the judgement of bishops and cardinals over what some dude on the Internet says. I do not doubt SSPX priests say they are not schismatic. But I doubt you'll find anyone outside that order that agrees.
Captain Pablo
AG
Is this that same convent that had the nun that was accused by the Bishop of sexting with a priest?

Also, this convent has a handful of nuns and is on a big piece of land smack in DFW. Who pays for all that?

747Ag
AG
OP, you misspelled SSPV. They are the ones in schism, not the SSPX.
jrico2727
AG
fc2112 said:

No it isn't.

EDIT: To clarify, I had dinner with Cardinal DiNardo a few months back and asked him this very question. He answered with a definitive "yes".

I also had breakfast few weeks ago with Bishop Seitz of El Paso. I've been a friend of his for over 30 years. He too confirmed that the SSPX is schismatic.

I will take the judgement of bishops and cardinals over what some dude on the Internet says. I do not doubt SSPX priests say they are not schismatic. But I doubt you'll find anyone outside that order that agrees.
Or you could actually research for yourself.

They are considered in a canonically irregular position, but all excommunications were lifted. Pope Francis' Apostolic Letter Misericordia et Misera specifically granted the faculty to validly and licitly absolve sins to priests of the SSPX

As the Church becomes more irregular in the post conciliar world, we will see more people return to tradition. In a post Traditionis Custodes church people will flock to the SSPX.

I do not doubt most Bishops consider SSPX in schism since they don't answer to them, but to call them fully schismatic is false.
PabloSerna
AG
"As the Church becomes more irregular"

Ah my friend, this is so loaded, but I'm glad you have finally shown your true colors.

How 'Bout Them COWBOYS!!!!!
jrico2727
AG
PabloSerna said:

"As the Church becomes more irregular"

Ah my friend, this is so loaded, but I'm glad you have finally shown your true colors.

Don't be mistaken and believe you haven't revealed much about yourself as well.
Thank you for recognizing that I present myself truthfully and don't veil myself in platitudes and non sequiturs.
God bless you Pablito
PabloSerna
AG
If truth is what you seek then why the lie?
How 'Bout Them COWBOYS!!!!!
jrico2727
AG
Name the lie. Why accuse with coyness?
94chem
Does the average Catholic have any idea what any of you are talking about?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Captain Pablo
AG
94chem said:

I do. And I'm decidedly average

If you're interested in what these nuns are up to, and the history behind it, Google it

EDITED. Not nice
fc2112
94chem said:

The people in my parish need to know since we're so physically close to this monastery. as I said, I enjoyed daily mass here but alas no more.
Quo Vadis?

747Ag
AG
Quo Vadis? said:

Scotty88
AG
fc2112 said:

No it isn't.

Humble brag…hanging with the high rollers!

The long and short of the nun deal was that there was supposedly some funny business going on with the Mother superior of the order. She denied it and Bishop Olson moved in for a money grab of the nun's property. Vatican approved it. Nuns bailed to SSPX now Bishop Olson and OP are both mad.

Edit: some people on here are very Novus Ordo Jesuit Boomer Catholics and some are trads. Some middle ground from what I can see.

Fun fact: Bishop Olson is a Domer and was in town for the ND game. He celebrated Mass at 9 am at St Mary's in CS.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.