Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

692,446 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Humorous Username said:

Nice. Dolph went way up in my book when I saw what he accomplished education-wise.

It got me to a point where I could almost forgive him for being Ivan Drago. Almost.

Ivan Drago was way more human in Creed 2. Actually liked his character.
tbirdspur2010
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Humorous Username said:

Nice. Dolph went way up in my book when I saw what he accomplished education-wise.

It got me to a point where I could almost forgive him for being Ivan Drago. Almost.

I still need to see Creed2. Heard nothing but good things.
ProgN
BallerStaf2003 said:

Humorous Username said:

He could only be more human.
BallerStaf2003
AG
It was amazing. Wanted to run through a wall at several points in it. Pure Americana.
will25u

johnnyblaze36
AG
will25u
ChipFTAC01
AG
Nm. Tweets showing up now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Are the last few tweets deleted?
No. Twitter links have been having hell loading on any forums across TexAgs. Apparently it's happening elsewhere too and it's something that Twitter screwed up on their embedding. If you refresh it, it may show up.
Demosthenes81
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Are the last few tweets deleted?
No. Twitter links have been having hell loading on any forums across TexAgs. Apparently it's happening elsewhere too and it's something that Twitter screwed up on their embedding. If you refresh it, it may show up.
I have to pause ad blocking to get the tweets to show on a page.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
BQ78
AG
Why is a skinny guy wearing a shirt that has an urban dictionary word describing how a fat person runs?

No way in hell is it truth, because Jessie is not into that at all.
drcrinum

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/05/31/jussie-smollett-bought-drugs-brothers-who-attacked-him/1296878001/

Quote:

New documents released by Chicago police Thursday show Jussie Smollett discussing drugs with the two brothers who accused the "Empire" actor of paying them to stage an attack on him.

The texts were among the 460 pages released by the Cook County State's Attorney's Office and Chicago Police Department Thursday after a judge ordered Smollett's case file unsealed last week.

The documents show that Smollett initially communicated with Abimbola 'Abel' and Olabinjo "Ola Osundairo about buying marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy before enlisting them to stage his alleged attack on Jan. 29. The brothers later told Chicago police that Smollett paid them to stage the attack on him.

"It was found during the review of these text records that on various occasions Smollett would request that (redacted) procure items for Smollett which Smollett described as weed, molly, or Whitney, which the (case report) was familiar with being slang for cannabis and controlled substances," the documents read. "In particular, weed is slang for cannabis, molly is slang for ecstasy and whitney is slang for cocaine."

The report notes that Smollett used the electronic payment methods PayPal and Venmo to pay for the transactions, and that on multiple occasions, Smollett appeared to describe his payment to the brothers for the drugs as payment for "legitimate expenses" like personal training......
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Wildmen03
AG
drcrinum said:

It's OK, the weed is for his anxiety that he's had since Trump got elected. You'd be literally Hitler to take that away from him.
Zemira
AG
Even if you discount the weed as a now legal drug, you still have the cocaine and ecstasy.
whatthehey78
AG
Wasn't the US and Illinois State Attorney General's Offices going to investigate the legitimacy surrounding the dismissal of this case?
agent-maroon
AG
US Postal Inspectors were also supposedly investigating that white powder he mailed himself. Federal felony offense if convicted. Wonder what happened with that?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BadMoonRisin
AG
So since the charges were dropped, does he just get away Scott free or can they charge him again?
It's not the severity of the punishment that deters crime; it's the certainty of it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

So since the charges were dropped, does he just get away Scott free or can they charge him again?

They can charge him federally I think.
Zemira
AG
I'm not a lawyer but why wouldn't they be able to charge him again? He wasn't acquitted.
Carlo4
AG
But but pot is legal now
IrishTxAggie
AG
Think Double Jeopardy may play in. Federally is a different matter. I'd love to see him get hit with a hate crime charge.
Prosperdick
AG
So coke is called Whitney...I assume in honor of Whitney Houston? Nice legacy.
Zemira
AG
I thought if he wasn't actually prosecuted and acquitted it wouldn't be double jeopardy.
biobioprof
saw the thread had been bumped. Expected it to be for this.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Zemira said:

I thought if he wasn't actually prosecuted and acquitted it wouldn't be double jeopardy.

I thought he pled out the charges? If he pled it out, DJ. If they just dropped the charges, fair game.
bmks270
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Think Double Jeopardy may play in. Federally is a different matter. I'd love to see him get hit with a hate crime charge.

I thought that applied to trial or if he had a plea? If he never had a plea then how could there be double jeopardy?
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
bmks270 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I thought that applied to trial or struck a plea? If he never had a plea then how could there be double jeopardy?

I'm pretty sure he struck a plea deal. Not 100% sure how it all figured out because they brought up the "community service" crap
bmks270
AG
The Washington Post article below says the charges were dismissed. There is no mention of a plea, it was kept secret and never answered:

Quote:

Was there a plea deal?

Both the prosecution and defense danced around whether Smollett made a deal with prosecutors. (Presumably, Smollett did not want to admit guilt, and prosecutors wanted to avoid conceding the alternative.)

"Had there been no forfeiture of his bond to the City of Chicago or community service, we would not have dismissed the charges," Ellis said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/03/27/why-prosecutors-dismissed-charges-against-jussie-smollett/?utm_term=.f33d44a76931
IrishTxAggie
AG
Well in that case, prosecute away. I had thought it was a plea. Still hoping for federal charges though.
Old Tom Morris
Surrendering his bond tells me it was a plea deal and they may be limited now.
wannaggie
The system protects itself.
There has only ever been one possible outcome for this situation -- the swamp is just waiting for people to get bored with the story and move on so the whole thing can be dropped. You live in a country in which Old World corruption has metastasized. You think you live in America, but you don't. You live in Stage 3 inoperable-corruption America. The system will protect its own corruption and nothing in this situation had the chance to be good. Nothing ever could.
Noblemen06
AG
Chicago has always been crooked...nothing new here.
Captain Pablo
AG
Doubt it's Double Jeopardy

More likely Contract Law prohibits further state prosecution

"In exchange for bond forfeiture, state will dismiss charges"

EDIT - I assume this was the "deal"

I also assume this would not preclude the filing of further charges that were not included in the original battery of charges and/or issues

Then, you get into issues of estoppel, etc
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.