Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

690,024 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Let's see, OJ didn't do anything. Bill Cosby didn't do anything. hmmm...
No one knows who Smollet was until this fake hate crime..... can't be said of the other two you compared him with.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
will25u
biglebowski
Q was right
C@LAg
Justice From Juicy!

#JFJ
SupaManu
AG
C@LAg said:

Justice From Juicy!

#JFJ
aggiebq03+
So do we finally have enough evidence to come to a conclusion, or would that still be rushing it almost 3 years later? Asking for a friend.

Also, my friend says all you Trump supporters that didn't jump on top of calling the people who supposedly did this racist an homophobic right away are still racist and homophobic, even though it was all a lie and everyone knew it right away. Because you are a dirty Trump supporter and therefore anyone can say anything bad about you regardless of the facts.
Eso si, Que es
aggiebq03+ said:

So do we finally have enough evidence to come to a conclusion, or would that still be rushing it almost 3 years later? Asking for a friend.

Also, my friend says all you Trump supporters that didn't jump on top of calling the people who supposedly did this racist an homophobic right away are still racist and homophobic, even though it was all a lie and everyone knew it right away. Because you are a dirty Trump supporter and therefore anyone can say anything bad about you regardless of the facts.
The left has invoked the 48 hour month rule on this situation, they gonna hang back on this one until more information is presented.
annie88
AG
Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while but I guess with the decision this week it's baaaaack, unlike tu.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
will25u
MookieBlaylock
AG
Are they gping to bring Kamula Harry and Spartacus into the trial?
backintexas2013
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

agdoc2001 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

On another note I find your statement about people not saying this is not what they represent odd..... I find it odd that you would expect anyone to have to say that. It's almost as if you think everyone is unless they specifically deny it?!?!?!?

I mean when I see a domestic abuse case of horrible violence - I don't rush out and say "I'm a husband but this does not represent me". Do you think I need to?

When I see a case of corporate executive fraud - I don't rush out and say "I'm a businessman but this does not represent me". Do you think I need to?

Personally I think it's best to assume that the criminal and violent persons in our society are a really small fringe element and I typically assume people I meet or even casually chat with are not violent sociopaths who need to distance from something like that by default.

I guess we have different views of most of society.

This is just the ballerstaf "gotcha" attempt here. When there is an incident involving Islamic violence, many in the conservative media and on this forum point out that the rest of the muslim community is not openly denouncing the act and; therefore, must secretly condone it. Rightly or wrongly, ballerstaf is equating Trump supporters to the muslim community and holding them to this same standard.

It isn't quite apples to apples, but he does have a point.

Not quite the same thing but good try.

When a Muslim terror attack happens they are looking to leaders in the Muslim community and those outspoken anti Americans to condemn them. Like the same people you see interviewed condemning anything that offends their community and denying that their religion (even the fringes of it) supports violence. They suddenly go mute.

It isn't a case of expecting every Muslim on a message board to do so. It is the public faces of the movement.

This is a little different he is calling out basically any and all Trump supporters ON HERE to make some public denial of supporting racist or homophobic crimes. that's a rather broad based assumption and not so subtle of an accusation of our little small community here.

A bit dramatic of an interpretation. I'm not asking for some sort of pledge. Give me a break.

I just find it telling that in today's society, we rush to call someone fake that is an affront to our views and beliefs.

In this case, the possibility that a trump supporter did something like this makes people incredibly defensive. Is it the Trump mantra of never admitting anything and never apologizing that's rubbed off on his supporters?

In normal times, more posters would say that it was an awful thing, even if the victim exaggerated some aspects of it.

And yes, I know there's racist and homophobic liberals. I've talked about this before.

Even if the victim exaggerated some aspects? Talk about massive fail.

I forgot how funny this thread was.
C@LAg
will25u said:

Juicy is getting squeezed!
richardag
Jussie Smollett is a liar and should be held accountable. At minimum pay for all the wasted time used for the investigation and probably serve time in prison?

He demeaned all those people who over the years experienced actual racism. The minority communities should be up in arms and demanding he be held accountable.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
thirdcoast
AG
Will Michelle call it in and save Jussie?

JOHN2010
AG
That looks like a dude
hbtheduce
AG
Big Mike gonna play defense?
87IE
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I understand the reason for skepticism until more information comes out.

I think it is odd that trump supporters on the thread are rushing to call this fake, as opposed to saying that this is not what they represent.

There is no doubt that SOME (not all) Trump supporters are racist and/or homophobic.

Regardless, I'm not going to rush to any conclusions. Just find it odd that there is almost zero concern for the victim.

Who was the victim?
will25u
CanyonAg77
AG
Scanned past NPR this morning, heard that Juicy has two witnesses who saw the assault and confirm it was two white guys. Also that the brothers who admitted doing the fake attack were coerced into confessing by Chicago PD

I think there was also something about the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, and one of the white guys being Elvis.
jac4
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Scanned past NPR this morning, heard that Juicy has two witnesses who saw the assault and confirm it was two white guys. Also that the brothers who admitted doing the fake attack were coerced into confessing by Chicago PD

I think there was also something about the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, and one of the white guys being Elvis.

Is the trial just a dog and pony show to bring charges against him then acquit him? Is it a criminal trial? If so, then the burden is "reasonable doubt". A jury may find BS "eye witness" testimony enough to doubt the charges.
justcallmeharry
S
jac4 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Is the trial just a dog and pony show to bring charges against him then acquit him? Is it a criminal trial? If so, then the burden is "reasonable doubt". A jury may find BS "eye witness" testimony enough to doubt the charges.
It is a felony trial. I am surprised no plea deal has been struck...

Juicy will have some restitution to deal with - he will probably get probation.
IndividualFreedom
Is this one streaming?
YellowPot_97
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

Is this one streaming?

No cameras in the court room
NTAS
CanyonAg77 said:

seems like those 2 witnesses would have been caught on camera somewhere.

Subway? Hair? Ankles?
will25u
Muy
AG
thirdcoast said:

That is one fugly b
aggiepanic95
AG
will25u said:

That is AWESOME!
ABATTBQ11
AG
NTAS said:

CanyonAg77 said:

seems like those 2 witnesses would have been caught on camera somewhere.

Subway? Hair? Ankles?

I don't think he ever got to subway
richardag
CanyonAg77 said:

How far back can cell phone location data be recovered?
If long enough, these witnesses' cell phone location can be determined. If not in the area, could be a couple more trials may occur for lying under oath.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
ABATTBQ11
AG
richardag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

If long enough, these witnesses' cell phone location can be determined. If not in the area, could be a couple more trials may occur for lying under oath.

Depends on who you're asking. If you allow it to be tracked as part of something like a Google or Apple profile, it could be years, and it may be readily available to you. If you're asking a carrier, then it depends on how long they keep logs and to what detail.

However, just because your phone was in a location does not mean you were. It may be a good indicator, but it isn't a guarantee.
jac4
AG
When this trial ends, will we finally know if Chicago really is "MAGA country"?
agdoc2001
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

However, just because your phone was in a location does not mean you were. It may be a good indicator, but it isn't a guarantee.
Ah, the old Adnan Syed defense I see!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Muy said:

thirdcoast said:

That is one fugly b

That is one fugly dude

Fifya
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
richardag
ABATTBQ11 said:

richardag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Depends on who you're asking. If you allow it to be tracked as part of something like a Google or Apple profile, it could be years, and it may be readily available to you. If you're asking a carrier, then it depends on how long they keep logs and to what detail.

Thanks for the post.

I was working off a conversation with a Police officer that said, with a warrant they could track a phones location very quickly. He did not say how far back in time they could do this.

In Texas he said they used to be able to access this information without a warrant but since then they now have to get a warrant.
Flying Amoeba
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

No kidding. I can't count how many times white supremacists in maga hats have stolen my phone, taken it with them on a hate crime and then returned it to me.
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.