Freshman Application

1,197 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Another Doug
danielm99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter is about to apply August 1. Can she submit it after midnight? She plans on staying up to do that. She's already filled it all out and written her essay.

Also, what is the earliest people find out they are accepted? She isn't worried about it because she will be automatic, but just curious when she might find out. I saw mid September on another forum, but didn't see anyone there that applied August 1.
daniel00
AG
Nice username…

I don't know the answer to question 1, but my guess is yes.

I think the answer to question two is "within three weeks of completing their admission file."

Admissions office:
We make admission decisions on an ongoing basis throughout an admission cycle. Applying early does not guarantee an early decision. Once a decision is released it will be posted in the Applicant Information System.

Top 10%: Students who qualify for Top 10% admission will typically receive a decision within three weeks of completing their admission file.

Students in Holistic Review: All students applying for spring admission will receive a decision by early December. Most students applying for fall admission will receive a decision between January 1 and late March.

Applicants who apply to the College of Engineering and have a complete admission file by the Early Action Deadline of October 15 will receive a communication regarding their admission decision by mid-December. The communication will notify the student of admission or deferral to the January-February decision timeline.

-
https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/freshman#application136d55fbb0ad4732b294afec0926b3bf
danielm99
AG
Thanks. My daughter is currently #1 in her class. At worst she finishes #2. So we know she will be accepted. She is just excited to make it official.

Do you know if she will get to register for her NSC right away after being accepted or does that come at a later date. We have a vacation we are waiting to plan around that. I know they have NSC all summer, but she wants to get it done as soon as possible.
daniel00
AG
I'm really not personally sure. The NSC page speaks of accepting admission and registering for NSC at the same time, but that was for 2024 freshman. They still only have the 2024 NSC dates listed and nothing for 2025.

I do think if she gets the application in and gets admitted quickly, you should have your choice of NSC dates available to you whenever they do open.

NSC Dates & Schedules

Not all colleges participate in each New Student Conference. When logging into the Applicant Information System (AIS) to accept your offer of admission and register for an NSC, dates shown are based on your college's participation and seats available. When all seats are filled, the NSC date is no longer shown as an option in AIS.
https://newaggie.tamu.edu/students/nscdates/
Another Doug
AG
My daughter wasn't auto, got into A&M engineering 9/28

Congrats on the high achieving kid. Make sure she applies to other in state public schools that are more scholarships friendly then A&M, you can submit other school scholarships and might get a counter offer from A&M.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.