Job Network
Sponsored by

Received an offer after 7 months! Question about the details.

1,658 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by fightingfarmer09
fightingfarmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Received an offer today after 7 months of grinding as an independent agriculture consultant following company wide layoffs in December (week before Christmas).

I am currently cautiously relieved and very excited.

This offer is a little different than I have had in the past and was looking for some insight. Salary and general benefits are exactly where I was hoping to be when I was looking over a year ago prior to the layoffs. However, since this is a start-up I am being offered equity for the first time ever.

How does this work (other than the vesting process, them being worthless if we go out of business, etc)? Specifically, how do I assign a value or find out how much is being offered as options to other employees? If there are 100,000 vs 100,000,000 shares out there, I would think it would make this a less important part of the offer.

AgLA06
AG
There's been a couple threads about this recently on here and also on the business and investing forum. I'd suggest searching those.
fightingfarmer09
Thanks. I will check the B&I forum as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.