Job Network
Sponsored by

Job for young future son in law?

2,013 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Rudyjax
jreg90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter's boyfriend completed his 4 year Navy service and is starting his first semester of college. I just had lunch with him and my daughter before the ND game. He said he had applied at 18-20 places (Home Depot, Best Buy, various restaurants etc). He is not picky. Just looking to make some money while he's going to school. Anyone know of any potential part time jobs in CSTAT for my future Navy son in law? He's a great kid and a really disciplined hard worker. Text me if you have any suggestions. Thanks everyone. Jim Regitz 832-846-3343. Class of 89.
jreg90
(Miss my sweet little Rachel 2002-2017)
JamesPShelley
OK. 18-20 places.

Is he getting callbacks? Interviews?

Have him connect with me via email at jim@jamespshelley.com

Gratis... Complimentary... free... I will assist him in at least improving his chances for a call back.

jreg90
AG
JamesPShelley said:

OK. 18-20 places.

Is he getting callbacks? Interviews?

Have him connect with me via email at jim@jamespshelley.com

Gratis... Complimentary... free... I will assist him in at least improving his chances for a call back.

Thanks so much James! I'm just now seeing your reply! Was a late night then family church stuff.

I'll have him email you.

He said he's only had one call back to all of the applications he's submitted.

His name is Trevor.

Thanks again!!!!!!
jreg90
zooguy96
AG
Chick fila. Guy I worked with in college runs the college station stores. They should work with his school schedule.
UmustBKidding
Might try spare hands. Was a thread on here on hiring them. Looked at their site, and they had place for people interested in working to sign up. Not sure the details, seems similar to task rabbit, i am considering using them for some projects.
akaggie05
AG
Tell him to ask his professors if they could use a student worker in their research labs (assuming they have one, of course). I worked in a lab in the Zachry basement (run by a prof in the EE department) for several years, basically just fixing and building things that the grad students in there needed for their projects. Best part was the extreme schedule flexibility. No set hours, just go in for an hour or two between classes and work stuff off the list when able.
jreg90
AG
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm passing them all along to him. You guys are awesome.
AN_Ag 15
AG
Discount Tire will work well with school schedules, great place to work while going to school, pays well too for part time. They even have college tuition assistance. I got a $1k scholarship per semester when I worked there while going to A&M. If he's interested I'd be happy to make some calls and get him in the door.
jreg90
AG
AN_Ag 15 said:

Discount Tire will work well with school schedules, great place to work while going to school, pays well too for part time. They even have college tuition assistance. I got a $1k scholarship per semester when I worked there while going to A&M. If he's interested I'd be happy to make some calls and get him in the door.

Thanks so nuch for offering to make a call. Ill let him know and get back with you. Thanks again
jreg90
1Aggie99
AG
Is he looking for FT or PT work?
jreg90
AG
1Aggie99 said:

Is he looking for FT or PT work?

I assume Part time. He's taking like 15 hours and its been a while since he's been in school since he spent 4 years in the Navy and probably needs time to get reacclimated to studying. But I could be wrong. He may be open to full time if it can work with his school schedule. Thanks!
Rudyjax
AG
AN_Ag 15 said:

This.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.