Fantasy Football Draft Talk

16,239 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by investorAg83
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty good looking team right here.

How'd I do?

12 team PPR 10th pick

Had some technical difficulties when my early 2nd round pick came around and it resulted in autopicking Gibbs where I was targeting a WR1.

QB - Jayden Daniels
RB - Taylor
RB - Gibbs
WR - Deebo Samuel
WR - Stefon Diggs
TE - Bowers
FLEX - Amari Cooper
Bench - Javonte Williams, McLaurin, Odunze, Allgeier, Curtis Samuel, Goff, Junno Smith
superaggie73
AG
Not bad at all. 10th pick in 12 team league is a struggle.
texagbeliever
Ag_07 said:

Yeah I'm avoiding Nacua and Kupp at their current ADP.

Stafford is probably a safe pick if you're punting the position until the later rounds or streaming your QB.
I think those 2 are likely drafted too high by only a few picks. However if one of them goes down the other one is a top 5 WR. So i get the upside gamble.

The qb draft thing is skewed based on the premium rushing (yds & tds) gives. Then once you get to qb 7 or 8 are you really seeing much difference between qb 9-15?
Prescott, Love, Purdy, Goff, Williams & Daniels... with Lawrence (last years draft killer), Herbert (prev title champion), Rodgers and Cousins still left.

W
AG
along those lines...

I like the Najee-Warren combo for owners that start WR-WR

the Steelers are going to run the ball a lot with Arthur Smith

Najee is usually there in the 5th / 6th round

and Warren in the 7th / 8th round
W
AG
anyone taking the Anthony Richardson plunge?

and if so...how long would you wait to take your QB2?

(for injury insurance)
txagman1998
AG
If you're concerned about injury with AR, couldn't you just use your last round pick on Joe Flacco? He did well last year as a backup in Cleveland and I think he would do well if pressed into the starting role in Indy given their offensive philosophy and wide receiver room.
Chipotlemonger
AG
txagman1998 said:

If you're concerned about injury with AR, couldn't you just use your last round pick on Joe Flacco? He did well last year as a backup in Cleveland and I think he would do well if pressed into the starting role in Indy given their offensive philosophy and wide receiver room.
I.....there are a lot better waiver wire options than Flacco, unless you are in a super deep 2 QB league.
Ag_07
AG
I didn't take AR but I did take Jayden Daniels and then took Goff in Rd 13 in case the adjustment for Daniels is a bit rough.

suburban cowboy
AG
I toon Mark Andrews over Sam LaPorta because I already had J. Gibbs.

Also took a flyer on Tank Dell over Devonta Smith.
amercer
AG
Modified keeper league. I can keep two players first one costs my 3rd round pick, second one my 4th round.

I'm picking first (yeah last season was bad), so could I justify keeping Achane or Drake London for the 22nd pick? There will probably be 5-7 keepers in the league so when I get to pick 22 the available players will be in the 27-30 ADP range probably.

IF I do that I think it's easier to justify a second keeper that costs me pick #40 for the other.
W
AG
so your team would begin...

CMC, 19th pick, London, and Achane

I would take that
W
AG
actually...

CMC, 19th pick, London, Achane, and 41st pick

would definitely take that
amercer
AG
Do I reach for Josh Allen at the last pick of round 2?

So CMC, Allen, London, Achane, and pick 41?
W
AG
either Josh Allen or a WR that you like

Evans, Deebo, Olave, Nico...someone from that tier should be available

texagbeliever
amercer said:

Do I reach for Josh Allen at the last pick of round 2?

So CMC, Allen, London, Achane, and pick 41?
Hard to know based on who all the keepers are. I don't love Josh Allen because i don't think he has enough weapons.

Who are the QBs you can get out of: Stroud, Hurts, Murray, Jackson

If you could get a Etienne, LaPorta, Kelce I think that has more value at that spot. Maybe Kupp as well. I think pick 20 is reaching a bit on the other WRs who seem to go early/middle round 3 in a 12 team draft.
Ag_07
AG
God knows I've been wrong before but I'm not expecting Allen to perform relative to his high ADP.

He's lost his top 2 WRs and replaced them with an unproven rookie in Coleman and a JAG in Curtis Samuel. Between Davis and Diggs that's 1,900 yards of production gone.

He'll still be a solid play but I think there's better value at QB later and you can get yourself a really nice WR in that Round 2 slot.
AustinCountyAg
I agree round 2 is too early for Josh Allen, but I think he's still going to have a great year. I think Keon and Kincaid are going to have big years. Especially Keon. Not to mention Josh's ability to run. I don't trust Cook at RB, so I think Josh will be airing it out a lot.
Ag_07
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I don't trust Cook at RB, so I think Josh will be airing it out a lot.

I'm opposite here. I actually think Cook is underrated at where he's being drafted somewhere around the 3/4 rounds.

Later the in the year they switched OCs Cook exploded and he has very little competition in that backfield.

I think he has a pretty high ceiling with a decent floor.
stick95
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I agree round 2 is too early for Josh Allen, but I think he's still going to have a great year. I think Keon and Kincaid are going to have big years. Especially Keon. Not to mention Josh's ability to run. I don't trust Cook at RB, so I think Josh will be airing it out a lot.
I just think round 2 is too high for any QB. Why spend a 2nd on Allen when you can get Lamar with a 4th or better yet, Murray or Love in 7th? IMO, even streaming is better than taking a QB in the second.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
W
AG
speaking of drafting QB's high...

will Mahomes get back to throwing 40 TD's per year?

or is his 27 last year the new expectation?

he was not a good fantasy QB in the second half of last season
boy09
AG
Dynasty league, i have pick 1.07. I'm looking at potentially making an offer to an owner who currently doesn't have a first round pick for George Pickens. If i keep my 1.07 pick, i'm targeting someone like Brian Thomas Jr. or Keon Coleman.

Which would you prefer? Offer the 1.07 for Pickens, or just keep what i got and roll with one of the rookies.

The owner who has Pickens also has Amon-Ra, Ja'marr Chase, and Tyreek... So i don't think he'll be too concerned about losing Pickens.
superaggie73
AG
boy09 said:

Dynasty league, i have pick 1.07. I'm looking at potentially making an offer to an owner who currently doesn't have a first round pick for George Pickens. If i keep my 1.07 pick, i'm targeting someone like Brian Thomas Jr. or Keon Coleman.

Which would you prefer? Offer the 1.07 for Pickens, or just keep what i got and roll with one of the rookies.

The owner who has Pickens also has Amon-Ra, Ja'marr Chase, and Tyreek... So i don't think he'll be too concerned about losing Pickens.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I love Brian Thomas Jr. I think he will end up being the best wr in this draft. Not to take anything away from Nabors or Harrison Jr, but I think Thomas has a J Jefferson feel to his game that the other 2 don't. Also, you'd probably be able to get Pickens at better value from that guy after the draft.
Ag_07
AG
That's seems steep for Pickens.

But I'm also not very high on him since he's got a crappy QB situation and there's no one else in that offense to take attention away from him.
boy09
AG
superaggie73 said:

boy09 said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I love Brian Thomas Jr. I think he will end up being the best wr in this draft. Not to take anything away from Nabors or Harrison Jr, but I think Thomas has a J Jefferson feel to his game that the other 2 don't. Also, you'd probably be able to get Pickens at better value from that guy after the draft.
I like him a lot too, but the closer it gets to the season the more hype he is getting. Starting to get worried someone in front of me might snag him.

I'll probably stick with what i got and keep my fingers crossed.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
I have the 7th pick in my draft tonight. How confident are y'all that Chase is a go for the season without a deal. Most mocks I've done have Chase falling to 7
Captain Hindsight, Hero of the Modern Age
texagbeliever
Captain Hindsight 20/20 said:

I have the 7th pick in my draft tonight. How confident are y'all that Chase is a go for the season without a deal. Most mocks I've done have Chase falling to 7
Chase practiced in full on Friday and Monday. So good pick. I think your 2nd round pick is the tough one.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
texagbeliever said:

Captain Hindsight 20/20 said:

Chase practiced in full on Friday and Monday. So good pick. I think your 2nd round pick is the tough one.
Pacheco has skyrocketed lately thoughts on him in the 2nd or is it too steep
Ag_07
AG
Not at all

He's put in a lot of work in the off-season and has looked great in camp.

He's primed for a big year. I think he has top RB potential.
Zachary Klement
AG
Is Achane at 16 in a ten-teamer too high?
boy09
AG
Zachary Klement said:

He just went at 16 in my 12-team league. I don't think it's that crazy. RBs were flying off the board, get em while you can.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
boy09 said:

Zachary Klement said:

He just went at 16 in my 12-team league. I don't think it's that crazy. RBs were flying off the board, get em while you can.
Achane went 5.8 in my 10 teamer
ac04
5.8 holy ***** that is absurd.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
Can someone rate my draft 10 team PPR had the 7th pick.

QB:Purdy
RB:Pacheco
RB:Conner
WR:Tyreek Hill
WR: DK
TE: Njoku
Flex: Devonta Smith
Flex: Tank Dell
Bench: Javonte Williams, Chase Brown, Jerome Ford, Xavier Legette, Brian Thomas Jr, Dontayvion Wicks
Chipotlemonger
AG
Zachary Klement said:

10 team league you gotta swing for the fences with your picks. I think that 16 is rich but strategy wise it's not out of line.
Chipotlemonger
AG
ac04 said:

5.8 holy ***** that is absurd.
Yea that is crazy low. Sounds like a rookie league.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.