Tyreek bodycam footage

1,946 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MSCAg
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41199485/camera-footage-shows-police-pulled-tyreek-hill-car
The Porkchop Express
AG
I mean if you're going to not comply with a simple request to keep your window down, everything else that happens is on you. The cops might have been a little excessive with how they took him down but he should have been respectful and compliant, and he was neither.

Still depressing to see all the way around.
jr15aggie
AG
All I can say is, I don't like getting pulled over by the police... it's always a bit nerve-wracking. But I always have my window rolled down before the cops gets there and I keep my hands where he can see them.

One time in college 2 officers came to the car and had me get out of my car. No idea why, but I said yes sir.

I still get tickets, but I don't end up in cuffs after a traffic violation either.
Furlock Bones
AG
Tyreek is not required to keep his window down. I get why the cops want him to do so, and I appreciate the reasons why. I would say Tyreek started this. But, the cops certainly were way too amped up. As Lance Zierlein said on the radio, there was no attempts to de-escalate the situation. It was just one escalation after another. The cops have to control themselves.
The Porkchop Express
AG
But Tyreek has been around long enough to know that if he simply has his ID out and says, "Hi, I'm Tyreek Hill of the Dolphins, I'm on my way to the game" the 'worst' thing that happens is he poses for a couple of selfies.

He most definitely got stereotyped as a young black guy wearing a wife beater driving a really expensive car in a town that is synonymous with drug dealers. The cops weren't right to drag him out of the car, but he easily could have avoided all of that with common sense.
Ag_07
AG
You don't think they knew it was Tyreek?

They had to have run his plates before he was lit up. Look at all the cops there already before they even approach the car. They don't all show up like that for a routine traffic stop.

Then to tackle him onto the ground after he's in handcuffs. These cops especially the one power tripping big time need to fired.
W
AG
is Tyreek a sympathetic figure?
W
AG
and what were the other two players doing?

attempting to get involved in a police stop
Furlock Bones
AG
W said:

is Tyreek a sympathetic figure?
no. but, the cops were way too juiced up in this scenario. again, the cops took no opportunities to compose themselves. 1 cop got riled up and the rest just followed suit. which unfortunately seems to be the common response more often than not.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ag_07 said:

They had to have run his plates before he was lit up. Look at all the cops there already before they even approach the car. They don't all show up like that for a routine traffic stop.

Then to tackle him onto the ground after he's in handcuffs. These cops especially the one power tripping big time need to fired.
I mean, think how great it would be to brag in your old age that you once made an open-field tackle on Tyreek Hill in his prime.

amercer
AG
I get the "just do what the cops say and it will be fine"

But we've got to hold cops to higher standards than that.
agracer
AG
Ag_07 said:

pretty sure I heard one of the cops say "it's Tyreek" on the body cam footage.
jr15aggie
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Tyreek is not required to keep his window down. I get why the cops want him to do so, and I appreciate the reasons why. I would say Tyreek started this. But, the cops certainly were way too amped up. As Lance Zierlein said on the radio, there was no attempts to de-escalate the situation. It was just one escalation after another. The cops have to control themselves.

I do agree with this take as well... we've seen plenty of videos where a well trained officer (or perhaps somebody who is just in a good mood) can de-escalate people who are not being compliant.

In this particular case, neither side had any desire to take crap from the other. I think both can be true at the same time... Tyreek was acting like a little B*tch but the cops certainly got on their power trip way too quickly.
StinkyPinky
AG
Tyreek did not do himself any favors. Could have definitely conducted himself as an adult rather than that childish behavior. But that being said still no reason for that response. The one cop that pulled himself out of the car was clearly on a power trip and pissed off by it all and was waaaaay too excessive. For a driving infraction? Cops not doing themselves any favors either. The power trips are real.
aggiepaintrain
AG
They gave him what 5 seconds to comply, dragged him out of his car, then tackled him on the sidewalk. They are lucky they didn't hurt him or the Dolphins would have bankrupted the PD.

I am with Tyreek on this.

Ag_07
AG
Agree

And given that they knew it was Tyreek you'd think they'd understand why he didn't want his window down.
Kozmozag
Rolling your blacked out windows back up and refusing to lower them is going to get that response. Hill was a jerk, he also is a dumbass, bad mix. Classic FAFO. So stupid.
IrishAg
amercer said:

I agree with that, but damn, why would anyone want to be a cop these days? I mean, it's to the point where a large percentage of the population don't respect you, think they know you're job better than you, actively do things they know are going to antagonize you into making a mistake, assume that your sole point in life is harass them, and create groups who's sole purpose is to lobby for reduced funding for your organization. And throughout that expects you to be polite to them. Forgot that some of those in the population want to kill you.

Takes a lot to put up with that and not be a complete ******* in my opinion.
Hill08
What I hate is still the "black man" "racist" narrative. How much time did all the espn talk shows talk about Scottie Scheffler vs Tyreek? Not even close. Of the four officers at the scene for Tyreek, 3 were minorities. The one consistent narrative are power hungry cops. That's the problem that needs to be addressed
zap
AG
After watching the video, I feel the cops were excessive. They went from 0-60 way too fast. "You will respect my author-A-tay!"
Wabs
AG
Is it really that hard to comply with simple (and lawful) police instructions? Tyreek does that and none of this happens. And yes, I do believe the cops were excessive. The idea is to NOT get to that point.
concac
AG
Yeah, the cops overreacted and screwed up.

But fk Tyreek Hill. Dude beat up his pregnant girlfriend back in college. Also broke the arm of his 3 yr old son. He's not getting any sympathy from me because he got mistreated by the cops. If the police had injured him while pushing him down to the ground, he would've deserved it for being a grade A ass hole.
jr15aggie
AG
Obligatory:

Sparkie
AG
Dude found out ****ing with a cop isn't like beating up women and children.
Smeghead4761
Was just about to post that.
jr15aggie
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

Was just about to post that.

Lol, yeah. Give Tyreek credit, he followwd Chris Rock's advice on a few things. Unfortunately for him, he forgot 3 of the important rules:

1. Be Polite
2. Shut the F*** Up
3. Drive with a white friend
IrishAg
I'll give him credit for his public statement he recently gave in that he took some responsibility.

Quote:

"I will say I could have been better," Hill said. "I could have let down my window in that instant. But the thing about me is, I don't want attention. I don't want to be cameras-out, phones-on-you in that moment. But at the end of the day, I'm human. I've got to follow rules. I've got to do what everyone else would do.

"Now, does that give them the right to literally beat the dog out of me? Absolutely not," Hill continued. "But at the end of the day, I wish I could go back and do things a bit differently."

Booma94
AG
amercer said:

Why don't we have to hold the multi-million dollar athlete to higher standards?

He was in a vehicle with extremely dark window tint, making it difficult or impossible to see in. He was given a lawful directive to keep his window down for the officer's peace of mind and well-being, yet he refused on multiple occasions.

I say all the time, you don't get to choose both your actions and the consequences. If you choose to act like a non-compliant ass after being in violation of the law, then you can't complain about the consequences that come when the people in charge of maintaining safety do what they feel is necessary to maintain safety.
Booma94
AG
IrishAg said:

I'll give him credit for his public statement he recently gave in that he took some responsibility.

Quote:

"I will say I could have been better," Hill said. "I could have let down my window in that instant. But the thing about me is, I don't want attention. I don't want to be cameras-out, phones-on-you in that moment. But at the end of the day, I'm human. I've got to follow rules. I've got to do what everyone else would do.

"Now, does that give them the right to literally beat the dog out of me? Absolutely not," Hill continued. "But at the end of the day, I wish I could go back and do things a bit differently."

You mean the one where he said the officers needed to be fired?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Booma94 said:

amercer said:

He was in a vehicle with extremely dark window tint, making it difficult or impossible to see in. He was given a lawful directive to keep his window down for the officer's peace of mind and well-being, yet he refused on multiple occasions.

I say all the time, you don't get to choose both your actions and the consequences. If you choose to act like a non-compliant ass after being in violation of the law, then you can't complain about the consequences that come when the people in charge of maintaining safety do what they feel is necessary to maintain safety.
That's excellent, I'm going to start using that on my kids.
IrishAg
Booma94 said:

IrishAg said:

Quote:

You mean the one where he said the officers needed to be fired?
I'm all for officers getting waaaay more respect than they do, think all of this defund **** is about one of the stupidest ideas and catch phrase someone has come up with in the last 50 years, and feel the current temperature of people vs cops will cause all of the good cops to eventually be squeezed out. And yeah, Hill is an ******* with a anger issue who probably has one of the bigger inferiority complexes you can get that causes him to be a dick and commit violent acts that I wonder how he wasn't arrested for.

But with all of that, the officer/s that beat him need to be fired. I didn't realize anyone here was arguing that? If you're a cop you can't throw down on someone who is just an *******.

I can appreciate when someone attempts to use their fame for something to help with the better good, which is what those statements could do, even though I think he's a little ***** of a person.
IrishAg
The Porkchop Express said:

Booma94 said:

amercer said:

That's excellent, I'm going to start using that on my kids.
Actually I already use that with my daughter (she's only 8). We discuss all the time of thinking about the consequences first before committing to an action. We tell her that we'll support her in her decisions that she makes,, and that if she does want to stand up for something (including standing up to mom and dad) then we'll be proud of her for having the strength in doing that...but, at the same time, us being proud of her for showing independence doesn't mean we will (or even can) stop the consequences that come about from her actions.

Matsui
AG
Definitely using that on my 8 year old now.
MSCAg
AG
Cop took it too far - make him roll down the window. But Hill was being a moron.
_______________________________________________________ O Fortuna, velut Luna, statu variabilis, semper crescis, aut decrescis;
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.