Diablo IV

106,060 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by txag2k
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am slowing gearing up my companion druid.
Rule Number 32
AG
Just changed from lightning to fireball wizard after picking up a nice unique staff for it. I should have done this the second I got the staff. Holy crap it is SO much stronger and more fun.
BowSowy
AG
Man, this season lost me quicker than any other season. I feel like it's too quick and easy to get end game geared up until you need uber uniques and then it's just a slog after that. I don't really want to be forced to find random group ups and do tormented boss rotas, but it feels bad soloing them knowing you're being 1/4 less efficient with the mats.

Hordes are fun but they got old pretty quick, especially because I can't seem to beat tier 8 without the uber uniques. I'm assuming they will tone down the rewards for hordes next season because they trivialize all other end game content in gear, mats, and gold by a large margin.
Madmarttigan
AG
I suppose I'm the opposite I love how easy it is to make alts now. On my 3rd character but I've had horrible luck with mythics. I only run tormented bosses with 1-2 others I don't worry about forming a perfect 4 man.

I also haven't played since season 2 so enjoying it a lot.
Formerly tv1113
Lathspell
AG
End game is still an issue, but that just may be my issue with ARPGs in general.

I don't like the idea of grinding gear simply for the sake of grinding better gear, or beating a boss that really does nothing for me.

As always, I enjoy my Season Journey. After I complete it, i'm pretty much done unless I feel like leveling an alt.
Hagen95
AG
After I finished the season, I'm pretty much just killing time. I farmed for a bit with some of the TXAG guys and that was fun (2 shakos!). I am building an uber killer so I can kill Lilith as much as I want because eff that beyatch.
txag2k
AG
Started with my first Rogue. Well, I guess not First because I did need one last season for tempering lol. But rogue was fine and then I geared up the fractured glass Sorc. Just changed my Rogue to Andy's Rogue and it's pretty strong too.
AtlAg05
AG
Lathspell said:

End game is still an issue, but that just may be my issue with ARPGs in general.

I don't like the idea of grinding gear simply for the sake of grinding better gear, or beating a boss that really does nothing for me.

As always, I enjoy my Season Journey. After I complete it, i'm pretty much done unless I feel like leveling an alt.

Isn't grinding gear the whole point of an ARPG? More of a rhetorical question because that is wheat I remember doing in D2 for hours, hoping for a drop. D3 I remember early on, grinding campaign with my gold find gear.

I don't really have a solution, but I'm leaning more towards the PoE model. There's the grind for gear but you also get mats that let you craft endgame gear. Plus getting max level isn't something that happens in the first day.

I have high hopes for PoE2, assuming they can dumb down some of the game or have an in-game encyclopedia that explains all the details.
Lathspell
AG
That's my point... I want more than simply grinding gear. I don't know what that would entail and I have no solution... I just know I get to the end of seasons and I'm pretty much done.

I remember my days of vanilla WoW back in 05-07, raiding was fun and all, but I got to really enjoy my gear when I would do battlegrounds and world PvP. I got to enjoy having cool stuff. I know MMORPGs and ARPGs are inherently different things, I just wish there was more to enjoy in the end game.
AtlAg05
AG
Agreed, I think gear can be the main focus as long as the ways to get it are fun. There just isn't enough in D4.

I still haven't picked up the expansion
Cromagnum
AG
Gaming PC did not survive the move. Either my water cooler pump finally died, or something on the mobo that controls the pump died. Sucks, but I guess it was way past time to upgrade since I have been running an i7 6700K forever and needed an excuse to upgrade.

I went berserk this time around, but gonna try air cooling again. Too many problems with air bubbles on liquid cooler.

I9 13900K
Asus 4080 Super
Asus Strix ROG Z790 E-Gaming WiFi II
64 Gb of Kingston Fury Beast 5600 DDR5
WD_BLACK 2TB SN850X NVMe 2TB
Corsair HX1500i, 1500W PSU
Noctua NH-D15
Re-using my Corsair 760T case.

ja86
AG
haven't the i9-13900K processors been having all kinds of thermal issues?
Cromagnum
AG
For benchmarking I have heard. Lots of folks said no issue for gaming though, but seems to be Mobo dependent, and mostly seems to depend on whether the Mobo manufacturer leaves the power unlimited as a default option and folks don't catch it. Guess we'll see.
Rule Number 32
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Lathspell said:

Isn't grinding gear the whole point of an ARPG? More of a rhetorical question because that is wheat I remember doing in D2 for hours, hoping for a drop. D3 I remember early on, grinding campaign with my gold find gear.

I don't really have a solution, but I'm leaning more towards the PoE model. There's the grind for gear but you also get mats that let you craft endgame gear. Plus getting max level isn't something that happens in the first day.

I have high hopes for PoE2, assuming they can dumb down some of the game or have an in-game encyclopedia that explains all the details.
I got to play the POE2 beta and it was brutal hard. Granted I am not very good and have old man reflexes, but the bosses were HARD. Several of them took me multiple hours to finally figure out how to beat. I was playing monk which was not great until you hit level 20+ and get a couple of essential skills. Once I got those, POE2 was crazy fun.

I dont think its a direct competitor with D4 as it is a completely different game. I enjoy both for different reasons. I never could get into POE1 because I started too late but I plan to give POE2 a try at launch in November.

D4 is fun because you get so strong you just destroy everything. POE2 was a really fun challenge from what I saw of the game.
txag2k
AG
Playing the PTR and next season is gonna be awesome. Haber not seen VoH except during the demo but I'll start with the new class first. Can't choose it in the PTR.
Zjones920
Anybody still playing this season? I finally got fully geared up last week. Probably going to start a sorc tonight.
txag2k
AG
Yes but playing the PTR for another day then back to Seasons. PTR has been a blast.
Zjones920
txag2k said:

Yes but playing the PTR for another day then back to Seasons. PTR has been a blast.
I can't get the PTR to load on my mac, so i haven't been able to play it with my normal group.
txag2k
AG
I think the PTR ends tomorrow so after that I'll be back to season 5.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Been playing as a rogue this season and been enjoying it. If anyone needs help with any content let me know
txag2k
AG
Just sold 4GA Tibults will with 11% unique roll for 20 billion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.