Soundbar for bedroom TV

1,032 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by AggieTJ
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for best recommendations for a soundbar for our bedroom TV. We are trying to find a solution for hearing dialogue and our LG Oled is just struggling a bit there.

We don't need a subwoofer, and do not need surround satellites.

WoMD
Sonos Beam
BaitShack
AG
ZVOX. I'm single-sided-deaf and it has been a game changer for me. I found an AV357 for $130 on eBay. It definitely doesn't have a super high tech feel to it (feels like it's designed for old people) but the sound is great. The model I have can only be controlled with the remote. There are no buttons on the soundbar. Your results may vary.

https://zvox.com/collections/accuvoice
tfunk02
AG
Have you tried the "Clear Voice Pro" setting in the sound menu?

I got my parents a pretty cheap vizio that has worked well for them.

This place is a pretty trustworthy review site. https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/latest
htxag09
AG
WoMD said:

Sonos Beam
Sonos is currently struggling with their new app and a multitude of issues with it's rollout.....
WoMD
htxag09 said:

WoMD said:

Sonos Beam
Sonos is currently struggling with their new app and a multitude of issues with it's rollout.....

Using it with the tv you don't even use the app.

That said, I barely use the app for my system (not relating to the tvs). Everything goes through the spotify app, although the last couple months that's had some issues with keeping connected to my Sonos speakers, so perhaps that related to the Sonos app troubles I keep hearing about. Im not sure who is to blame, but it is quite aggravating, as it used to work flawlessly.

That said, as I mentioned, the app has nothing to do with the soundbar side of things. I have an arc and a beam (I had another one, but it was stolen by Servpro workers while my house was being fixed up from a flood, along with some other items...**** those *******s), and after they were set up there is no need to use the app. I love the things, and honestly I like the beam over the arc, which surprised me. For me, I wouldn't go with any other soundbar option, but that's personal preference probably.
htxag09
AG
If all you're doing is plugging into the tv and forgetting it, you can probably save significant money by not doing Sonos and getting similar quality. Especially just for a tv in the bedroom to amplify conversation.

I agree on using Spotify vs the Sonos app. That's what I do. Still, a couple weeks ago all my speakers disappeared from my system. I had to manually factory reset every single one and add them back. 7 speakers. For the roam I had to try the install process a dozen times for it to be successful.

The main selling point of Sonos is the plug and play and ease to group, ungroup, etc. That aspect is seriously lacking after the recent update.
AggieTJ
AG
Got an old non-smart TV in the bedroom, so it was an easy decision to add an AppleTV 4k box. I had 2 unused Apple HomePod Minis, and those pair perfectly in stereo with the 4K box. They're not even positioned the same distance from the TV, one is higher than the other, and they're on opposite sides of the room, but the dialogue is perfect. The included Siri Remote controls everything. One remote.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.