Astro Bot (PS5)

1,154 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Ghost of Bisbee
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So in July, I bought a PS5 for NCAA Football. I let my daughter play on it a bit and she was drawn to the Astro's Playroom controller demo, which I had basically ignored. Then I played it...and it was probably the most fun I've had playing a game in a decade: simple & crisp controls, colorful & great visuals, a catchy soundtrack, and tons of Sony nostalgia.

They decided to build a full game out of the concept, which came out today. It has all the charm of the Astro's Playroom demo, and is just a blast to play. It's sitting at 94-95 on review aggregators, and is an out of nowhere Game of the Year Candidate.

Definitely worth picking up if you have a PS5.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Playroom was great. I actually platinum trophied it because I enjoyed it so much. Need to pick this one up
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Yea, Astro Bot is awesome. My only complaint so far is I can only play for an hour at a time before getting a headache. The graphics are eye-poppingly gorgeous but I can't handle it for long periods like I can most games these days with muted and washed out colors
AggiEE
Wow this game is a masterpiece

If you love Platformer games like the Mario Galaxy series, this is a must have.
IrishAg
Haven't played Astro Bot yet, but if you want another game along the same lines that is just fun on the PS5, try Sackboy: A Big Adventure (from the Little Big Planet series)

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/sackboy-a-big-adventure/

My daughter and I played through this one 2 complete times, and almost hit 100% completion on the second run through.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'm tempted to buy a PS5 just for this game....I love this type of game
redeyeone
AG
Is this game VR? I played astrobots on the PSVR on the PS4, it is easily one of the best VR games in my opinion. Is this the same type?
aggietony2010
AG
It's the same character/IP, but it is not a VR game.
AvsB
I agree about this game. it is amazingly fun to play. I was a bit upset when the "sacked" sack boy as the official mascot but I am now totally fine with Astro Bot being the mascot for the Playstation brand
AggiEE
easttexasaggie04 said:

I'm tempted to buy a PS5 just for this game....I love this type of game

I think it's a system seller for sure, one of the best platformers I've ever played
aggietony2010
AG
I like the nice mix of exploration levels combined with a few hardcore pure platforming levels.

Splashing Sprint is eating my lunch. I'm no pro-gamer, but I did will myself to 100% on Super Mario Wonder. I'm sorry for letting you die so much Astro.
AvsB
I have yet to go through a level where I found all the bots and puzzle pieces first go. It's fun going back and hunting the missing ones!
ac04
getting this for sure, my kids loved astro's playroom
Desert Power
AG
Splashing sprint was miserable. My son and I tried a million times to beat it. Finally had to watch a video on how others beat it. It was still very difficult even with watching how they did it.

Has anyone beat the final level after you unlock the 300 bots? That one is harder to me than splashing sprint.
AvsB
Dillo Dash level brought back some feelings of pre-teen me rage throwing my controller.

Love and hate it!!!!
RIP ATMHockey
AggiEE
Desert Power said:

Splashing sprint was miserable. My son and I tried a million times to beat it. Finally had to watch a video on how others beat it. It was still very difficult even with watching how they did it.

Has anyone beat the final level after you unlock the 300 bots? That one is harder to me than splashing sprint.

Not yet

Died over a hundred times

Those purple blob enemies are infuriating

Ghost of Bisbee
AG
AggiEE said:

Desert Power said:

Not yet

Died over a hundred times

Those purple blob enemies are infuriating

Finished it over the weekend. Then I realized there are 3 or 4 more additional bots to rescue that have been added into Astro's Playroom. I've yet to go back to get them

Swirl and jump on the ice platforms before making your way up the ice wall. You'll get to the purple blobs before they fire
-Ben There/R.C.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.