Outdoors
Sponsored by

First-Class South Texas Hunting Lease

4,432 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Prather
Prather
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello,

It is not too late if you love hunting in South Texas and are interested in a first-class, brush country ranch. This year-round trophy hunting lease is ready to hunt, includes guest privileges and a ranch house. All blinds and facilities are shared by ten members and their guests. It is also perfect for a corporate membership(s) to entertain business clients.

I have three memberships available on my long-term lease of the 4600-acre La Purisima Ranch near San Ygnacio in Zapata County Texas in prime south Texas brush country. The ranch is high-fenced and has been managed since 2008 in the TPWD Managed Lands Deer Program (MLDP) deer season is 1 October through 28 February. Double Down protein is fed for 7 months from 13 locations, and corn is fed for 5 months from 32 feeder pens. There are 16 double blinds with stairs, 2 single blinds, and 1 tripod.

Trophy bucks must be at least 6 years old. All members must strive to improve trophy buck quality. Deer herd management and supplemental feeding is increasing antler size each year this ranch is not for you if you must shoot a trophy buck each year.

A ranch hand performs feeder filling and ranch upkeep. No driving to the ranch to work in South Texas heat! The lease includes year-round access for hunting and fishing. In addition to whitetail deer, game include birds, varmints, and fishing. Outstanding dove hunting last weekend. Great duck hunting on tanks and large lakes. The quail population this year is bountiful.

All ten members share costs and facilities. Members and guests have exclusive use of a modest ranch house with six bunks and a very nice, covered patio. The deer camp has a deer processing area with an electric winch, sink, and large walk-in cooler. There is also a large, covered area with a big BBQ pit, pellet smoker and fire pit. There are two available covered RV spots with hookups.

The land lease is $7.5k per member this season. The expense budget is an additional $6k per member. Primary expenses are protein, corn, and labor.

Please email me if you are interested in an outstanding hunting experience: lapurisimaranchtx@gmail.com

ChE '83
3rdgenAg2010
I have been fortunate enough to have visited this ranch 3 times as a guest, and wanted to say how special this place is. Beautiful country, great ranch roads, excellent members, and excellent hunting.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Seems luxury leases are falling on hard times lately for paying members
3rdgenAg2010
Posting some photos from the ranch
3rdgenAg2010
3rdgenAg2010
3rdgenAg2010
909Ag2006
AG
INCOMING!!! Brace yourself OP. Haters are typing right now.
"They weren't raiding a Girl Scout troop looking for overdue library books."
Corps_Ag12
AG
I mean he made the account to post this, some roasting is justified.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I don't know how much hate he will get. The post seemed to be really up front about everything and there didn't seem to be anything ridiculous in there. Price is expensive, but he spelled out exactly who he is looking for. No hate from me. Good post and I hope you find a couple good folks with a bunch of money.
Russ79
AG
So my question would be, if by chance you lay out $13.5k to be on a lease and the arbiter of deer aging decides that the buck of your life that you just shot is 5 and not 6, what happens?
tandy miller
AG
$16/acre really isn't that expensive for a hf lease in south Texas
FJB
Chetos
AG
Russ79 said:

So my question would be, if by chance you lay out $13.5k to be on a lease and the arbiter of deer aging decides that the buck of your life that you just shot is 5 and not 6, what happens?

What would you do if you were the lease manager?
tandy miller
AG
Chetos said:

Russ79 said:

Guillotine
FJB
ag_pete09
AG
Chetos said:

Russ79 said:

Is it a reoccurring problem?

Depends if you need to fill the lease or have a waiting list.
DargelSkout
AG
Russ79 said:

Good question, very hard to tell the difference between a 5 and a 6. Unless they're taking lots of pics every year and know every buck. But that a huge acreage to do that.
Chetos
AG
tandy miller said:

Chetos said:

Russ79 said:

Guillotine

I'm not sure that chopping the deers head off is a good policy. But it would make a statement… especially if you made a big to-do about it in ceremonial fashion around the deer campfire in front of everyone!
water turkey
Nice place
montanagriz
S
Looks like a great place and people to hunt with. Good luck
big ben
AG
Nice place but too far for me……(as if I had that kind of money laying around)
Prather
We encourage all hunters learn how to age bucks through mentoring, photos, videos, posters, etc. We also maintain a shared drive with photos of bucks on a No Shoot List.

However, we also understand mistakes will happen. That being said, flagrant or frequent rule violations will not be tolerated.
Prather
Good morning. Just got back from La Purisima ranch after working and hunting down there with my son for 10 days. We and other members had some awesome whitewing dove hunts and everyone got their limit, except one day when it rained.

I am fortunate to report that I have filled one lease membership. I also took an Ag on a ranch tour yesterday and he is seriously considering joining. So, my open spots are filling fast.
Mathguy64
AG
Chetos said:

Russ79 said:

Confiscate the rack. Obviously.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
If you just text the picture of the deer before shooting, we won't have any problems determining the age, ok
3rdgenAg2010
Limits are easy to come by. Photo from this weekend. Posting for the OP.
CT'97
AG
I some very experienced deer biologist who wouldn't try to tell if a deer was 5 or 6 without a lot of other information.
My guess is they have an extensive camera set up and have photos and have watched deer grow over the years and this have a good feel for exactly which deer are 6 and shootable.
Texas A&M - 144 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress.
Brad Jerry Mitch
IN.
tandy miller
AG
What kind of camo face mask is that
FJB
AgEng06
AG
Brad Jerry Mitch said:

IN.
3rdgenAg2010
Quail numbers are looking good this year as well.

I am shocked Brad Jerry and Mitch haven't voiced their opinions yet!
DVM97
AG
I went and visited this ranch after my S Texas dove hunt, you never let a good lease pass you buy. Excellent roads, great camp house/bunkhouse, great deer camp for travel trailers, first class blinds and feed pens. Great ramrod and reasonable set of ranch "rules". This is an absolute turnkey lease, you show up and it's all set up to hunt! TONS of white wing dove, nice quail crop, and lots of water all over the ranch. Pricing is very reasonable for S Texas.

DVM
fullback44
AG
Russ79 said:

This is the million dollar question, there is always 1-2 guys that think they know all of this aging stuff when it's really not that easy, I grew up on a ranch full of deer and we would try to age them and it all depended on how well they were fed and how much protein they got. It's not as easy as some of these city dwellers think. It's usually the guy that got the lease and goes to the lease 10-12 times a year from his suburban home that thinks he's a deer aging expert.. we had several of those on a lease I was on 20 years ago .. no it didn't end well !

Interesting question to the OP…. If I'm paying $13.5 k there will be a deer taken to the freezer (and one on the wall) fixed it !
Prather
Likely a rhetorical question, but, yes, if you can shoot, you'd have deer for the freezer. At least 4 does, a management buck, a cull buck(s), and perhaps a trophy.
giddings_ag_06
AG
I feel like we need a stickied "Available Lease" thread.
Brad Jerry Mitch
3rdgenAg2010 said:

Quail numbers are looking good this year as well.

I am shocked Brad Jerry and Mitch haven't voiced their opinions yet!
Consensus on the groupme is they need another year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.